• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I talked to these guys indepth at the last 1500... i was quite impressed with the overall quality of there guns... these are built in greenwood on mainly polish parts/kits. They also offer build services... One thing i didnt like was they are using cast trunnions however will use original trunnions upon request they did say it might be a few dollars more.... however i have yet to hear any issue from there cast trunnions like what we have been hearing from IO and century guns... Rivets looked like factory and there properly done unlike the guy bucking rivets against the barrel (mainly IO doing this)... if i was in the market i wouldn't hesitate to pick up a Indiana built ak the quality was there and there knowledged on the platform impressed me and i'm a seasoned AK builder myself.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I have already placed an order for a classic model, I got a call from Joshua today saying that they were almost finished with it. All they had left to do was finish the Cerakote on the receiver. Ill post a few pictures as soon as I get it home and see if i can get a few good pictures of the trunnion and let y'all make a decision for yourself.

mxxkffg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    southside Indianapolis
    I went ahead and picked it up the other day. I got the survivor model. It's built on a Hungarian parts kit. The build is perfectly straight and looks very nice. My DDI should be delivered tomorrow so I'm looking forward to a side by side comparison between the two, especially since they are in the same price point. I'll try and post some pics and get it to the range soon.

I gotta say the best part about it though is when you flip it over and it says Greenwood, IN :):

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Ill be posting some pictures of my Classic here in a few hours, I took some up close pictures of all the rivets as well as the front trunnion. The wood on this gun is absolutely gorgeous.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Time to post! (Sorry about a few, they are a little blurry!)
    AWSAKM%20001_zpshpqhfw35.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Other side.
    AWSAKM%20007_zpsjvauqv3z.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

This is the rear trunnion.
    AWSAKM%20003_zpspynk3sia.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Front Trunnion
    AWSAKM%20009_zpsibzrkpes.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Another angle
    AWSAKM%20010_zpshbcb1xuq.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Left side front rivets
    AWSAKM%20011_zpsiebjggke.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Left side rear rivets
    AWSAKM%20012_zpsqcd7yjvx.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Right side front rivets
    AWSAKM%20014_zps8mf5tad3.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Right side rear rivets
    AWSAKM%20013_zpstja78cpc.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Magwell, both sides
    AWSAKM%20016_zpscpyi3otv.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    AWSAKM%20015_zpswmakszdk.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Sorry that they are a bit blurry, my camera wouldnt focus too well.

Now for a close up of the wood!
    AWSAKM%20018_zpslygo24zq.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    AWSAKM%20021_zpsgjgg3a6r.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    AWSAKM%20017_zpsyxyd9dmh.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    AWSAKM%20023_zpsgzxiwybc.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    AWSAKM%20022_zps955xa088.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    AWSAKM%20020_zpseviagwpr.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Since obtaining the rifle from Josh yesterday I put the slant brake on for a more realistic look, but it comes with a birdcage on it. This rifle comes with BOTH the wood grip (pictured) as well as a hogue rubber grip. Very nice package! Mag has almost no side to side play, and a tiny amount of front to back play. I have cycled 60 rounds through it and it cycles perfectly! I will be shooting it later this week if not, this weekend. Ill report back in this thread and let you know!

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    ....just have to say it. That is a sweet looking AK!!!
    I agree! I was pleasantly surprised when I met up and saw it for the first time. After I got it under some good light and started looking at the details of the rifle I was really impressed. Plus the warranty is awesome, Josh told me if any of my mags do not fit I should let him know and he will adjust it for me! Super nice guys!
    Advanced Weapon Systems

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    with the palm swells it reminds me of a khyber pass.... just needs the lightning cuts one the rear stock to give it that Paki akm/ak74 vib.... they really do amazing work

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I'm resurrecting this old thread to see if there's anyone with additional experience with the AK's these guys build? Looks like there was previous concern that they were using cast trunnions in their builds. Their website currently says they're using WBP kits with forged trunnions so that seems promising. I live 10 minutes from their shop and I'd like to throw business to some local veterans if the product is solid. I've seen some recent posts about getting misc work done by them, but I'm wanting to see if others have their complete rifles with a decent round count and are happy with them. I'm interested in their "classic" as seen in the photos up-thread.

Top Bottom