• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I am thinking about buying one of these models in 308. I have read good reviews on them but wanted some information from ingo. Rural King has them on sale for $279 and most of my local gun stores want $399-$449 for them. Are they worth the money or should I save up till I can buy something nicer? Thanks

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It depends on what you are going to do with the rifle. If you are looking for a good target rifle, it's not going to be. If you are hunting with it that's a different story.

I prefer the 700's. There are more accessories available. But there are a lot of 700 versions that are not great target rifles as well.

What are you going to do with the rifle?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I would mainly use it for hunting. I'm sure I would target shoot some. Most of my distance would be around 400 yards

With that in mind, I think I'd save up the extra funds and grab a 700. Accessories are going to be more plentiful. I think it will be a better rifle for you. I have 700's in .223, 30-06 and 300 Win Mag. i just got the 300 Win Mag. I haven't shot that one yet. My cousin has the 416 Ruger. It's really sweet. I haven't shot a 700 that I haven't liked. I also have a 770 in 30-06. It's nothing special.

Yep, I have a soft spot for the 700's.

Top Bottom