• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    So my learning on black rifles continues, now on slings and studs.

My rifle came with mounting holes on the handguard and butt stock.

Are these hole sizes standardized so I can buy any brand QD swivel stud?

What is the reputation of Midwest industries pieces? Who makes high quality bomb proof QD studs/swivels?

Also, I think I want a 2pt sling. Recommend a great one please.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    The hole size should be standard and any QD type attachment should work. Having said that some QD attachment swivels will allow 360 degree rotation while others offer limited rotation. Your needs would dictate which option you require but worth lying they are not all created equal.
    MI are a reputable company and I have one of their free float rails. I would say they are a mid range product (upper mid range probably). Dependable and a good reputation. If you want the creme de le creme look elsewhere but there is nothing wrong with their products.
    Single point, two point and to a lesser degree three point slings are determined by the user. Three points are a thing of the past IMHO if you want one though have at it. It boils down to your needs, wants and desire.
    There are many options out there for both single point, double point and convertibles (from double point to single point and vice versa). Your need will drive which type would suits you best.
    Personally I have opted for Magpul ms3 and ms4 snce they meet my needs. Your needs may vary and there are many great companies out there. There are numerous posts online about the specifics but Blue force gear, urban erg, Larry Vickers, Magpul, SAP are a few off the top of my head.
    Your specific need and personal preference will drive which path you take. Fat padded two point for carrying, single point for door kicking etc etc.
    Good luck.

Practicool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2016
    Highland
    I run a Savvy Sniper QUAD Dual QD MS for carbine classes. QD swivels on both ends, converts 2-to-1 point in seconds, fast adjust easy grab-able loop. I like it so much after running 5 carbine classes that I'm adding a QD attachment on my shotgun's buffer tube so I can run the sling the same way for shotgun classes.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Check out Grovtec QD swivels. Considerably cheaper than Magpul and come in sets. Also extremely well made and heavy duty. For slings, the magpul MS1 sling is awesome

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I run a Savvy Sniper QUAD Dual QD MS for carbine classes. QD swivels on both ends, converts 2-to-1 point in seconds, fast adjust easy grab-able loop. I like it so much after running 5 carbine classes that I'm adding a QD attachment on my shotgun's buffer tube so I can run the sling the same way for shotgun classes.

Not sure if it's the exact same model, but saw Tim of Military Arms Channel review a similar SS Sling and pretty sure that's what I want. With the upgraded hardware, naturally.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    The rotation limitation is in the QD socket, not the swivel attached to the sling. As long as your attachment point is a 1/4 turn socket, this sling will not rotate.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Anyway to tell if those swivels are full rotate or just 1/4 turn? I have to have the latter, is a twisty sling will drive me nuts.

FYI...Botach doesn't have the best reputation for speedy delivery. Some folks have had good luck, and others have had their credit card charged on day 1, and finally get the product months later.

Some good QD swivels made here in Indiana:

Swivels & QD Mounts

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'd pay a couple bucks more just to avoid Botach, I've heard too many stories of this kind ^^^.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I recently purchased the Savvy Sniper Quad Sling for my duty rifle. Mine is the base model with the HK clips.
    I really like the fit and finish of it, very easy and fast to adjust when it's on you, I really like it.

Top Bottom