• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bd1024

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indy
    I hope this is the right forum for this subject. ------ I have a M1, Rock-Ola carbine, complete with the military canvas case, and bayonet---- 6 magazines, etc----The numbers are matching, --condition is excellent, --- not looking to sell, just wanting opinions of value for insurance purposes-----Would appreciate your opinion, Thanks---bd1024

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hard to give an accurate estimate without good pictures.

USGI firearms don't have "matching numbers". They may have correct parts. Since its sounds like it has a bayonet it has likely gone thru an arsenal upgrade or rebuild post WW2.

Rock-ola carbines usually command a premium over similar carbines as they were one of the lowest production number manufacturer.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    :popcorn:

Cousin recently inherited one with all the goodies in real nice condition. War vet bring back. Been in the closet a looooong time.

bd1024

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indy
    yes, it does have the bayonet lug on it. I cant seem to figure out how to post the pics, even though I have read the tutorial. Thanks

swissrifles1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Near South Bend
    If that has the bayonet lug on it? It has been referbished since World War II. All Rockola parts including stock etc. I would say 1200 -1500. Mixmaster of parts, 900-1200. My opinion anyway. Take a look at the prices of them on gun broker, to me they are priced too high .

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    There are 2 Rock-Ola carbines on the CMP auction page right now. One is at $1121, and the other is at $$2001. Don't take those prices as a "street value" though. CMP auctions usually finish up higher than that.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    If that has the bayonet lug on it? It has been referbished since World War II. All Rockola parts including stock etc. I would say 1200 -1500. Mixmaster of parts, 900-1200. My opinion anyway. Take a look at the prices of them on gun broker, to me they are priced too high .

What SR1 said.He pretty much nailed it.A bayonet lug is a dead giveaway that the carbine went through a rebuild. after WWII. You mentioned "numbers matching"? generally there are no "matching numbers" on M1 carbines. The receiver has a SN#, but the parts do not carry the weapons serial number.If you have internal parts with the weapons SN# some one did a "bubba job" on it at some point. Each manufacturer had their own stamp/symbol. Also you mention a canvas case? Do you know if it is a reproduction or original? Most original cases were stamped on the inside by the manufacturer. Is the safety a button or a flip switch? If flip switch...post WWII change, if button...WWII original safety. Again pictures would say a lot though.

bd1024

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indy
    It says "Buffalo Arm" on the barrel near the front sight, and a date of "9-1943", with a symbol that appears to be a pot with a flame . Has a serial # of 4153828----- I believe the canvas case to be original, and is aged. --- it is stamped with a "US" on the side. I am sure the bayonet is original, and it does have the metal scabbard. ----- Will try to get some pics on here, Thanks again, --bd1024

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It says "Buffalo Arm" on the barrel near the front sight, and a date of "9-1943", with a symbol that appears to be a pot with a flame . Has a serial # of 4153828----- I believe the canvas case to be original, and is aged. --- it is stamped with a "US" on the side. I am sure the bayonet is original, and it does have the metal scabbard. ----- Will try to get some pics on here, Thanks again, --bd1024

Buffalo Arms made barrels for the companies who did not produce their own. Rockola made their own barrels so this was a replacement barrel, not original to gun. Be careful if this was an import and the barrel with the import stamp was swapped out for one that had no stamp.

Top Bottom