• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Thanks for all the answers guys! Looks like I'm going to be ordering a couple :spend:

I'm going to try running mine with standard bolt carriers, one in an A2 with standard gas system, and one in a carbine with mid-length gas system. It'll be a while before I get to do much shooting again, but I will try and remember to report back in this thread with my results.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Are these similar in function to a hydraulic buffer?
    What are the differences?

No, these still work like a standard system. The biggest advantage is that they are much easier to tune.

If you shoot a rifle with one long enough, then switch back to a standard system, it is kind of off-putting.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I checked out their products in the flesh at the NRA convention. Hate everyone at INGO for teaching me things I constantly need to upgrade that I didn't even know needed upgrading.

Theres a a coupon from the show. I think the discount code was NRA2016. Hope it helps for those getting ready to place an order...

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I checked out their products in the flesh at the NRA convention. Hate everyone at INGO for teaching me things I constantly need to upgrade that I didn't even know needed upgrading.

Theres a a coupon from the show. I think the discount code was NRA2016. Hope it helps for those getting ready to place an order...

Yep, INGO is not a place to visit if you don't want to spend $.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Holy crap...$150+ to reduce .223 recoil. I'm surprised you could get so many people to admit to blowing that kind of money in their attempt to reduce the recoil of a .223 rifle. I can think of MUCH better ways to spend that kind of money. To all of you that own this, your man card has been revoked...permanently.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    How quiet are they? Was going to use one in my 300 BLK build, because I hate the sound of the spring in the tube on such a quiet rifle

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Holy crap...$150+ to reduce .223 recoil. I'm surprised you could get so many people to admit to blowing that kind of money in their attempt to reduce the recoil of a .223 rifle. I can think of MUCH better ways to spend that kind of money. To all of you that own this, your man card has been revoked...permanently.
    I am guess by your comments that you haven't done research on them. They are used to further tune the action. With an adjustable gas block, you can tune the exact speed of the carrier group. The recoil reduction is just one advantage. They reduce the annoying ass, cheap sounding, thwang from the spring and buffer. It aids in cleaning up the feel of the action. It also helps to reduce muzzle flip. I bought it initially for 3 gun and was able to tune the rifle to have about as close to a zero movement during splits as you can get.

If if you are a budget rifle builder or a believer of the mil spec cult, then it won't appease you.

Also, drop the macho "if you can't handle the recoils of .... You aren't a man bs"

Top Bottom