• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    So today I decided to replace the cheap plastic factory bolt shroud with a pretty polished titanium one. Great! Unfortunately for me, I overturned the bolt and dropped the firing pin. Now I can't reassemble the bolt because I can't get the firing pin recocked. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue (read: made the same mistake I did) and if they could offer any help? Thanks!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't have time to watch the entire video, so I can't say for sure that it shows what you need, but at first quick glance, it looks to be a fairly detailed video.

ETA: Dangit. Just noticed that this is for the Ruger American bolt. I don't know if they're similar enough that it will apply to the Precision bolt or not.

[video=youtube;h4s6qFa2K2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4s6qFa2K2g[/video]

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    Thanks DD, I saw that one as well. I actually found one video where a guy did the same exact thing I did and he fixed it himself. Unfortunately, the video he posted wasn't very clear and I don't have enough experience with the bolt to fill in the blanks for myself. I called Ruger and they were very accommodating in giving me a return address to send the bolt back to. They're going to reassemble and inspect it for me and send it back.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Can you post a picture of the underside of the bolt?

Most of the time you can recock most bolts using a vise and a shoe string/bore snake or if you have strong hands and a small piece of wood. Just curious how much room you have in there to work

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can you post a picture of the underside of the bolt?

Most of the time you can recock most bolts using a vise and a shoe string/bore snake or if you have strong hands and a small piece of wood. Just curious how much room you have in there to work
    That's kind of what I do with Mauser bolts. I use the edge of my reloading bench (or any table I'm not worried about scratching) and pull the bolt down while I recock it.

Top Bottom