• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Can anyone tell me if the PSA ar9 (glock fed) will accept "regular" AR 9mm barrels? I called PSA and was less than pleased with their response. They said they couldn't guarantee anything. While I understand their answer, it wasn't helpful at all. Basically I'm trying to build a 9mm AR with a 4-5" barrel and PSA doesnt offer a barrel of that length (and buying one and having it shortened is a PITA and not very financially savvy. Their setup seems very proprietary, which isn't all bad, however would limit my options later potentially (like putting on a shorter barrel).
    My second choice is a "Spartan" 9mm lower. As far as uppers for these rifles, it appears that standard will work. Can anyone cite any exceptions? LRBH seems like an issue on some setups, however thats not a deal breaker for me. Any help appreciated! Trying to get stamps applied for before 41F/P....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think the barrels are any different. I do believe the differences come into play with the lowers and the BCG. The barrels should be the same AFAIK.

I have a Joe Bob Spartan Glock compatible lower mated with a PSA 7.5" upper with their Hybrid BCG. I'm using Glock Mags.

Last edited:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Thanks for the quick response. PSA has the lowers on sale, but I just didn't want to make a knee-jerk purchase either. The spartan purchase may happen instead, as I keep reading good things about it.. I'll keep reading and make a decision likely tomorrow. Thanks.

Top Bottom