• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a horrible idea? You are adding weight and complexity in training for no (that I see) benefit. However, I have seen some reputable companies posting pictures with offset sights paired with a red dot.

I understand offset irons for a rifle with magnification, not necessarily for the speed but for situational awareness. Am am I missing some benefit offset sights provide? Other than "cool points?" (And the fact that you can charge more for them.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I agree that I don't see the point. If I'm running a red dot I would rather just have regular flip up sights with a lower 1/3 mount on the dot.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I always ran permanent up irons with my red dots. No disadvantage and weighs maybe an ounce.

ETA: I was at work and lunch was ending when I posted the above. While I do run always up irons with an RDS, I have never understood why offset irons would be necessary with one.

Last edited:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I run permanent up Troy Flip Up with Trijicon insert in front of my MRO with the Troy tritium rear sight in the down position.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    why hav a bug or sidearm? If your primary weapon isn't good enough, how is a 5 shot .38s going to help? What good is a 9mm beretta if your primary is an m249 saw?

Amirite? Do you guys even Delta Seal?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    No matter what my gun goals are - I'd rather go taller than go wider.........just like my women. :):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom