• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    OK I don't care what you think of me I don't want to be beat up by a gun, I've been shooting a Remington 105 cti and the gun is the softest shooting gun I've ever shot but it's time for a replacement and I'm really wanting a shotgun that patterns right on top of the bead and shoots soft.

I shot the benelli ultra light last weekend and wasn't impressed and have a Vinci coming this week to try out. But the reviews of the V3 are calling it a soft shooting gun. They all claim to be reliable so that doesn't carry any water.

Has anyone seen any scientific study's or reviews of said firearms

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    OK folks nobody like me enough to answer my post LOL

I have been on a journey and through friends and aquantences I have shot a very wide crossection of shotguns over the last couple weeks Here is the general list
    Benelli sport
    benelli light weight sport
    Black eagle
    Rem 1100
    Berretta a400
    Vinci
    Rem V3

Well for me the winner was the Rem v3 it was the softest shooting, patterned where I like it to, and controls were generally where they need to be.

the closest thing to soft shooting was the Vinci

After reading an article about the Rem V3 looks like the went and got rights to use the Benneli M4 action so it looks like when you can't beat them you pay them off and use them.

I will over the next couple months shoot the thing at atturbury and further my knowledge of the new Rem

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    I'm a big fan of the beretta a300/400 series to me ther are very soft shooting. I think the furniture feels a little more quality than the lower end Remington's as well.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Follow up

Hey the Remington V3 is great, if your a benelli lover then the Rem V3 is for you, and if your a Remington guy they finally have done something to equal the 1100, The V3 so far has been reliable with anything I throw at it, everything from Win AA trap loads to the cheapest no name branded ammo I can find.

It is by far the softest shooting shotgun since the Rem CT105.

Sorry Vinci lovers I shot 2 rounds with the Vinci and 2 Rounds with the Rem V3 and the difference in recoil is noticeable. The vinci is a hard push and then a sharp drop off, the Rem is a gentle push over a long period of time. (relatively)

With the V3 I shot my first 25 in a long time, I was able to shoot 25's somewhat regularly with my 105 but never could break the 24's with my beretta and I gave the Beretta 10 years to make a believer out of me.

Shooting moving clay birds is a very organic thing and equipment is a very personal thing. No piece of equipment is the end all for everyone, The pro's start with a gun then have it tailored to them by experts. I don't have that kind of dedication.

I need a shotgun that I can shoot trap/skeet/sportingclays/ rabbits/quail/pheasant/chuckars with so therefore there are going to be compromises

I have to say the one thing I don't like about the V3 is the synthetic stocks, I'm sure they are durable, ect. they are not rich walnut with lines and personality. I will wait till someone is selling stocks for the V3 and put some wood on the thing,

I ended up with $529 into a V3 from Rural king, I bought it on sale and an 11% instore rebate. With patience a person can get the same deal

Good luck all

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/1/16/remington-v3-shotgun-first-look/

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I know this post is a little old but I've recently thought about getting one of these. Do you still like it after a few more months? Any troubles?

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    UPdate 8/9/17

Still shooting the V3, have shot some of my best scores with this gun at Atturbury Trap and Skeet range. I can't remember if I've had a round fte or ftf but I will say I am very happy with the reliability with premium name brand and cheapest stuff I can find.

I really like the side button for the bolt release and the stock is just about right for me for an off the shelf shotgun.

the recoil reduction is a life saver, it is by far the softest shooting 12ga I've shot. shooting it and then shooting a 20 ga 870 it is surprising how much more perceived recoil the 20 ga has.

So my update is

2 thumbs up

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I have had mine a few months now. No problems with mine either. I've only had it on the clays course so no hunting yet but yes, it is extremely soft shooting. I'm anxiously awaiting additional barrels for it. I would like a 26" for general hunting and mine has the 28, but it's a solid gun. I think the 1100 looks much better but it certainly doesn't shoot any better.

I got the synthetic model so it's not something I have to worry about babying it or worrying about the wood getting dinged. It's a workhorse plain and simple.

I'm shocked this gun is not more popular. I think Remington is not marketing it very well, but I don't know of an autoloader that can beat it in this price range--street price is almost half of a Maxus.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I think there are some people who just want to not like something and don't give products the chance they need to mature. Remington sat for a long time without updating it's auto designs and it caught up to them.

but they are back in the game and so far the only person who didn't like my V3 was a guy looking for a reason to hate remington and his sole reason (even though he liked it when he thought it was a benelli) for not liking it was with the action is open and you shake the gun the bolt rattles.

Remington did license the bolt design from another company but added gas system improvements of their own.

I will buy another one for my son to shoot and I long for the day when I can find one with a walnut stock, or get an aftermarket stock

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I will buy another one for my son to shoot and I long for the day when I can find one with a walnut stock, or get an aftermarket stock[/QUOTE]

Buds Guns has the walnut stock V3 Sport for sale for $763 (or $785 if you use a credit card) plus you can get the current $100 rebate back from Remington up to purchases by 9-10-17 (so that would be $663 total for the walnut stock). I have been looking at buying a 26" with the black synthetic stock from Buds and noticed they also had the walnut stock versions.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I want a 26" barrel. So far, I don't see anyone selling the barrel separately. I feel like the 28 is too long, personally.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Spent the afternoon on the skeet field today with my V3. Really starting to like it a lot. Light, very soft shooting.

Taking itbup to Wisconsin in 2 weeks for grouse. Glad I don't have to worry about it getting beat up. I feel like it's the 870 of the semi-auto. More so than the 1187. cheap and reliable.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Just got back from a grouse hunt in N Wisconsin with the V3. Two days of carrying it through the thickest, gnarliest thorns and brush made me really like this thing even more. It held up great even in hours of rain--I put it away wet to see how much rust would be on it in the morning. The answer is none.

I still love my Citori but this is a one-gun go to. I'm really surprised it has not become more popular. I think it will make the 11-87 obsolete once they come out with a few more models.

Everyone's got their own opinion, but I'm convinced this is the best autoloader for the price anywhere. Plus USA mad and a lifetime guarantee. Hard to beat.

Top Bottom