• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I will be making a guide once I get the trigger back from colorado. Does anyone see any huge mistakes yet?

IMG00009.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG00009.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    How tight should the mag catch button be? At one point the threaded part was actually coming out of the button by close to a 1/4 inch. I backed if off flush. And smooth or textured makes no difference to me, but textured is supposed to go out (i put textured in since the spring seemed to line up with the texture, it was a guess)?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Did you launch anything? No way you'll convince me that this was your first build and you didn't launch anything!!!! ;)

Looks great, I'd reverse that mag release button though. I usually put mine in one rotation short of being flush.

Better be careful, they're like potato chips, especially when you start building them! Before you know it your bank account will be empty and you'll be surrounded by black rifles and parts!

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Did you launch anything? No way you'll convince me that this was your first build and you didn't launch anything!!!! ;)

Looks great, I'd reverse that mag release button though. I usually put mine in one rotation short of being flush.

Better be careful, they're like potato chips, especially when you start building them! Before you know it your bank account will be empty and you'll be surrounded by black rifles and parts!

I honestly didn't launch anything (would have no problem admitting if i did, you can see where I scratched the lower because I didn't use enough electrical tape on the vice grips), and it only took me about 20 minutes. I did drop one of the pins, but I was able to find it. For the front takedown pin (most likely to be launched I thought), I put the takedown pin in from the backside to use as a backstop (can see in one of the pictures), then i used a credit card to push the pin down, slid the takedown pin in (the correct way) over the credit card, pulled the cc out, and voila, no launching. But I'm also not done, so I could still screw something up royally.

I'll reverse the mag button tonight. Thanks for the help everyone.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My hat's off to you, I don't think I've ever put one together without launching a detent and that's using tools made specifically for the job!

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    :hijack:

build is looking good. how do you host so many pictures in a row. that would take me hours to upload. do you have a secret

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    :hijack:

build is looking good. how do you host so many pictures in a row. that would take me hours to upload. do you have a secret

#1 LOVE the avatar.

#2 I use an image host that I pay for. There are better ones, but I've been with this one for years. I can upload 5 at a time, then I use excel to create the code, clean it up, then paste it. It probably took me 20 mins or so to post that. I have a server too, and sometimes I use that too host stuff (much faster, but I have to pay for that bandwidth).

Top Bottom