Feedback / Reviews / Pricing for CZ VZ 58 2008??? Help!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Thinking of purchasing a CZ VZ 58. Just looking for feedback and some pricing thoughts. Just want to make sure I'm not overpaying. I've found limited pricing information on the interwebs! Thanks

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    A couple years ago PSA had them at a low sell price of 399. But that seemed to be a limited thing that I don't recall seeing anywhere else. I wouldn't base price solely on 1 blow out sale

I had one. Cool rifle but typical commie rifle style of the forearm heating up like a SOB
    my front sight was also canted. Couldn't get it sighted in at 35 yards. Sent it to century after a 2 month no contact pissing match. Got it back 3 weeks later. Could sight it in finally but post was still canted.

Neat rifle, cool history, great feel. But century sucks and I washed my hands of them

tge45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Allen CO
    Century products have been varied in quality. My VZ2008 is well built, reliable, shoots to point of aim with straight non canted sights. Enough options available for stocks or fore end furniture if you want, I like the original folding stock and composite furniture. Midway has magazines. Handy option of loading with stripper clips. Interesting design. Can't provide any advice on a good price. Buy one if you can inspect it.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Yeah fully able to inspect it. I'm considering it heavily because it isn't a century it is a CZ production and I can't find much about the CZ.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yeah fully able to inspect it. I'm considering it heavily because it isn't a century it is a CZ production and I can't find much about the CZ.

If it's a CZ it's good to go. They were very reliable and built right by D-technik. If I were to own another VZ it would be one of the CZs, a friend of mine sold his a couple years ago and regretted it since.

Value? Last time I checked/heard the CZ VZ58s were going for $950+ depending on condition and what came with them

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana

Random hand texted thoughts: milled receiver but less weight than most AKs. Does not take AK mags (and they aren't cheap). I'm not sure if you're looking at one with the "beaver barf" handguard but those get real hot in a hurry.

I bought one of the Century built VZs and was fortunate to get a good one. At the time it was $400 with 5 magazines. I should have bought four more but with Century the rest could have been bad builds.

The 58 is going to be a very high quality build. Also, If you care a great deal about aftermarket parts and upgrades, you'll find it much easier to go AK. But if you're buying something and want to keep it as is, it's a fantastic, reliable rifle that you would probably love.

Just wondering, is the model you're eyeing on here?

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/sa-vz58-rifles

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Random hand texted thoughts: milled receiver but less weight than most AKs. Does not take AK mags (and they aren't cheap). I'm not sure if you're looking at one with the "beaver barf" handguard but those get real hot in a hurry.

I bought one of the Century built VZs and was fortunate to get a good one. At the time it was $400 with 5 magazines. I should have bought four more but with Century the rest could have been bad builds.

The 58 is going to be a very high quality build. Also, If you care a great deal about aftermarket parts and upgrades, you'll find it much easier to go AK. But if you're buying something and want to keep it as is, it's a fantastic, reliable rifle that you would probably love.

Just wondering, is the model you're eyeing on here?

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/sa-vz58-rifles

Similar although it has the wire folder and bakelite hanguards. Comes with 4 mags.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got one from PSA when they were 399 and promptly switched out the stock. I didn't care for the feel of the wire side folder (even wrapped in paracord it still "bit" my cheek when shooting) or the heating up of the hand guard. I got a stock set from FAB Defense and love it (although it cost nearly as much as the rifle).

Jkwrangler70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    I absolutely love my VZ. I modified an AK Zhukov stock and handguard to fit on mine. running a bonesteel arms upper handguard and a holosun 503G and it is a damn fine rifle. I'd consider it at least as accurate, if not more so than a high-end AK

Top Bottom