• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Been kinda halfways looking for a semi .22 rifle, something just a little different. Found this limited edition 10/22 with a tiger stock carving. Figured it was the best of both worlds, kinda unique with massive parts availability and easily upgrade-able if I decide to do that in the future. Picked it up Friday, mounted the factory scope rail and dug up a set of rings and a Leupold VX1 that has the parallax set to 50 yards. Got everything set up but it was a little to dark to shoot. Had other things going on Sat and earlier today but got enough time this evening to try it out a little. First 3 shot group zeroing the scope was a disappointing 1.5", but following groups closed up to about .5" for the final adjustment group. Then tried a couple of 5 shot groups and got between .6-.7", using minimags, scope set at 6x, and in rapidly fading light using the truck bed side rail as a rest. Not anywhere close to ideal situation for accurate shooting but I think it has potential. Other than maybe a trigger job (got some creep and gritty feel) no plans to upgrade anything. This is just a backyard plinker so we'll see. Any way here's a couple quick pics.
    SAM_0750_zpsufpg5psn.jpg

SAM_0751_zps9tj2dgbp.jpg

SAM_0752_zpsq2mq53ld.jpg

Oh, and I was just informed that The Boss may want to claim this as HER rifle.

AR 1022

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2016
    Darmstadt
    THis is actually called the Safari stock that Bob from Talo Designs made... This is one of the many they have been making... Since they also have more on the drawing board including my design...

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Had it out again today trying some different ammo. It definitely prefers CCI ammo and absolutely hates Winchester. The 3 best types were Velocitor, SV, and minimags. All 3 of those were right around 1"@ 50 yds. Which is good as I've got a bunch of the SV and Minis. Wasn't having a good eye day, tried my fullsize RAR and T3 and struggled with both of those also. I think I will go ahead and do a trigger job as I know my groups would have been better with a better trigger. Also had 2 stovepipes with Aguila SE standard velocity. No doubt that was a ammo problem and not a rifle problem, that particular ammo was much quieter than the other SV ammo I used. So much so that if I hadn't have seen the hole in the paper I'd have thought I had a squib. Empties that did eject barely fell out the ejection port.

THis is actually called the Safari stock that Bob from Talo Designs made... This is one of the many they have been making... Since they also have more on the drawing board including my design...

Interesting. I'd seen a couple of others, the alligator 10/22 and the farmer American. I'm going to keep an eye open for your design, that stock looks like it would be very comfortable, especially from the bench.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Found a BX trigger group this morning in a LGS for $70 OTD. Going to get that puppy put on this evening and try it out tomorrow. Could have ordered it for a few $ less but then more than likely it would have been close to Christmas before I'd get a chance to shoot it again.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Found a BX trigger group this morning in a LGS for $70 OTD. Going to get that puppy put on this evening and try it out tomorrow. Could have ordered it for a few $ less but then more than likely it would have been close to Christmas before I'd get a chance to shoot it again.

LMFAO.....welcome to the world of 10/22's....people say boats are a hole in the water you pour money. 10/22's are a receiver that you keep, pour money into and end up with a pile of factory parts!....They should come with a support group....."Hi..my name is Bob..I bought a 10/22..My wife left me, I now live in my car, I have replaced everything on my 10/22, it puts then all in a 1/4" at 50 yards and eats $1.00 a shot 22's pre shortage pricing!" "Hi Bob".

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    LMFAO.....welcome to the world of 10/22's....people say boats are a hole in the water you pour money. 10/22's are a receiver that you keep, pour money into and end up with a pile of factory parts!....They should come with a support group....."Hi..my name is Bob..I bought a 10/22..My wife left me, I now live in my car, I have replaced everything on my 10/22, it puts then all in a 1/4" at 50 yards and eats $1.00 a shot 22's pre shortage pricing!" "Hi Bob".

Lol, it seems so true. But how much of this hobby is exactly this? How many piles of front sights, D-Rings, FCG, and other parts are lying around from those factory AR's?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Lol, it seems so true. But how much of this hobby is exactly this? How many piles of front sights, D-Rings, FCG, and other parts are lying around from those factory AR's?

10/22itis is addictive. It is readily recognizable by it's #1 symptom. When you find yourself buying aftermarket parts for 10/22s you don't own yet, you are hooked. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and, at one time, ran out of space in the safe. I have whittled down the collection to the point where I only have five 10/22s and one Charger. They include versions chambered in .22lr, .22WMR, .17 HM2, and .17 HMR. I have no idea how many factory parts I have or where they all may be. I have sold several nice 10/22s to INGO members including one with 1:9 barrel intended for the 60 gr Aguila subsonic round. I just gave a 100th Anniversary Boy Scout model to a grandson on the occasion of his becoming an Eagle Scout. It has a stock very similar in shape to the tiger in the OP.
    Boy Scout 10/22 Rifle Part # 1255 ? TALO Distributors Inc

I got hooked back when you could get a standard birch-stocked 10/22 on sale for around $120-$130. Many of them never had a round down the factory barrel or stayed in the factory stock for long. I still go to the weekly meetings. :)

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    By the way, I want to share the advice I gave my grandson. Get another stock if you intend to shoot the gun much. (I gave him a spare I had laying around). I don't know how rare yours is but the Boy Scout Model has been out of production for some time and preserving the condition of that stock is worth consideration.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    By the way, I want to share the advice I gave my grandson. Get another stock if you intend to shoot the gun much. (I gave him a spare I had laying around). I don't know how rare yours is but the Boy Scout Model has been out of production for some time and preserving the condition of that stock is worth consideration.

Yes, I had considered that. I know I won't be dragging it around the woods. Even doubt it'll be shot all that much, just the occasional back yard plinking session. Still prefer my bolts for serious shooting plus a box of ammo lasts a whole lot longer!

Top Bottom