• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Why don't manufacturers make a 9mm carbine that's competitive with the sub2k? Popularity is obviously on the rise. All we have now is the $400 sub2k being sold for $200 more than its worth. Then AR pattern, JR carbine, Sig, beretta and CZ at the $800+ price point. It's no wonder people are paying $100 over MSRP for the sub2k. There's no competition for it in that price range. I may just end up getting the sub2k anyway just so I can share with my glock mags and not have to buy more mags for another platform. Someone surprise me at SHOT please

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    9mm ar parts have really come down in price over the last few years and I would guess anything gun related is gonna go down in price since daddy trump won.

I think right now you could probably build a 9mm AR that takes Glock mags for about $500.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I've seen many sub 2ks at LGS's for around the 400 price range. Just have to look out for them.

Outside that, a 9mm AR would probably be your best bet. It's hard to beat the value of the sub 2k. The trade off is durability. The higher cost offerings will probably last longer for high volume shooters or people who are rough on their firearms.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    ^^^ Yup, just catch a PSA AR9 kits on sale if your not wanting to spend crazy money on one and you can still use the Glock mags and stick with a platform your use to shooting. With that said I still wouldn't mind a Sub2K if the price was right just due to the light weight of the rifle and compactness when folded.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've seen many sub 2ks at LGS's for around the 400 price range. Just have to look out for them.

Outside that, a 9mm AR would probably be your best bet. It's hard to beat the value of the sub 2k. The trade off is durability. The higher cost offerings will probably last longer for high volume shooters or people who are rough on their firearms.

Glock 9mm version? Where?

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I have an Old Hi Point 9mm in an ATI Stock with a Camo Paint Job. I have under $300.00 in it. It will Digest any Ammo its fed. I've never had a FTF or FTE with it. It's the Grandkids Weapon of Choice. I forgot to mention the Life Time Warranty. The new ones come in 9mm, .40 and .45ACP Prices start around $300.00

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I picked mine up at Bradis in Indy, but have seen one at USDS, and a couple other shops in the Indy area. Can't remember off the top of my head which one. Might have been PSS in Plainfield. They usually don't last long.

I do do understand your frustration. Before the gen 2 came out I spent about 3-4 months looking for a sub 2k with no luck. Persistence pays off.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I don't see the appeal of the Sub2k... but I don't see the appeal of Keltec's pistol or rifle offerings either.

My choice of the current PCC offerings:

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I built an AR platform pistol in .40 S&W that takes Glock mags. I just wasn't impressed with the sub2k, JRC or aero survival rifle. Also wanted a short barrel. I definitely think there is room I the market for someone to come in with a nicer looking rifle. I know a lot of people like the hi points and keltecs, but they just didn't appeal to me in the looks department.

i did end up spending more on mine than I meant to, but it is exactly what I wanted minus going cheap on the handguard and building a pistol instead of an SBR. Maybe I'll buy a stamp next year.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Not an engineer nor is my last name Browning

My point is that if it were possible, it probably would be available right now. In the future sure I can see it, maybe, tooling gets cheaper, ways to make them get better, etc; but it's not like (most) companies aren't trying to find ways to make firearms less expensive. Usually things are priced the way they are for a reason.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Okay, it's not a 9mm carbine, but it's still in a handgun caliber (.45 Colt), and it's still definitely a carbine. ;)
    DSCF0591.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't see the appeal of the Sub2k... but I don't see the appeal of Keltec's pistol or rifle offerings either.

My choice of the current PCC offerings:

Well, to me the appeal of the sub2000 is conceal ability.
    But, it does sacrifice for that, and it's not fun to shoot.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Not a big fan of KelTec but that said I have a couple,PLR-16 and SU-16C. As for a carbine in a pistol caliber, this is my choice...HK94
    main.php

I shall, one day SBR it and then it will be quite concealable. Saving some money, have a 3 lug barrel but need time and money for the stamps and suppressor plus time to get over to my old shop and change barrels.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have several PCC's. They are fun to shoot and I can take them anywhere to shoot. I have the Ruger PC-9. ATI Ar in 9MM that uses Glock mags and the CZ Scorpion.

I liked the PSA Glock version AR but it cost more that the ATI and I would have changed the handguard and the stock. The ATI came with a nice stock and a free float forearm. It runs great and uses any size Glock mag.

I shoot the ATI and the Cz the most and they are great for teaching new shooters.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You guys forgot the High Point carbine. Cheaper then any of them.

Yep
    It's the one gun they make that's hard to laugh at.
    Good price, reliable, and they stand behind it.
    A guy I work with just had his 995 come back in after its trigger broke.
    Hi-Point replaced the trigger, did a few other things to ensure the carbine was working properly, then sent it back with two new magazines thrown in, all at no charge.
    I think these would be an excellent home defense option, especially for women or those who are recoil sensitive or elderly with arthritis, both for the much lesser recoil than a shotgun, and for the quick reloads.
    Also, shooting 9mm from a carbine-length barrel effectively turns the 9mm into a .357 Magnum.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom