Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sorry to necropost, but didn't want to start a new thread on this. Has anyone picked up a Long Ranger yet? Thanks to my uncle, I'm a born-again rifle fan, had a wonderful time shooting on a nearby farm with him and my son recently.

I really want the one in 223/556 with iron sights. I suppose it's a bit blasphemy to some to put a scope on a lever action, but reviews I've seen so far have been stellar. Love my other Henrys, and think this would be a complete hoot.

https://youtu.be/QXq7KwZ6eZ0
    Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Sorry to necropost, but didn't want to start a new thread on this. Has anyone picked up a Long Ranger yet? Thanks to my uncle, I'm a born-again rifle fan, had a wonderful time shooting on a nearby farm with him and my son recently.

I really want the one in 223/556 with iron sights. I suppose it's a bit blasphemy to some to put a scope on a lever action, but reviews I've seen so far have been stellar. Love my other Henrys, and think this would be a complete hoot.

https://youtu.be/QXq7KwZ6eZ0
    I hope someone has some feed back for you. The .223 5.56 looks pretty awesome to me too. If I see one I will probably get it. As for a scope. I can't bring myself to do it when I shoot well enough with my Skinner Sights and Merit adjustable apertures on my 2 Henry's. Maybe when the eyes get a bit more tired though. We shall see what time brings.

Just bought Henry number 4 a couple of weeks ago.
    If I have my way, there will be a number 5...
    NRA Instructor/Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Plinker
    I wound up buying one in 243 and it shoots great. Very well made with beautiful wood. Henry did it right with this model.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca45 View Post
    I wound up buying one in 243 and it shoots great. Very well made with beautiful wood. Henry did it right with this model.
    GREAT to hear, glad you like it! Did you scope it?

I have a Big Boy Brass and Big Boy Steel, both in 357, as well as a Golden Boy with the hexagon barrel in 22LR. The Golden Boy may be my favorite of the bunch... such a fun, accurate, and easy shooter with a really nice, smooth action. Right now, the 223/556 (the model with iron sights) is at the top of my short list! And I'm pretty darned sure I'll scope it.

I really wanted the 308, but reality set in and I just don't have the distance around here to really put it to good use. I do want the .410, though, as I think it will be far more useful for my purposes. I have a 22 youth and a 17HMR and really like them both.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Plinker
    I scoped the 243 with a Burris E1 3-9. It makes a nice rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca45 View Post
    I scoped the 243 with a Burris E1 3-9. It makes a nice rig.
    Nice. After a fair bit of research lately, and seeing a great price on GAG (which quickly went out of stock before I could make up my mind) that Bud's matched, my order has been placed. Should have this little fella in the next 10 days or so.

henry-wisconsin-h014s223-rifles_1.jpg

Wow that's pretty!

Two dozen +4 != 26.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2