Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Davidson Defense Upper...not so good

I got an email a while back from Delta Team Tactical about a upper on sale. Davidson Defense complete upper minus bolt, and a lower build kit(556). I took the bait and ordered it. About 5 weeks later it arrived. The night before Thanksgiving I assembled a lower and put the Davidson Defense upper on it ( I didn't use any of the LPK that came with the upper). Thanksgiving day we always do a bunch of shooting, so I got it out, put a mag in it, went to charge a round, and the round got stuck about 1\4 inch from full battery. And it was STUCK! A few days later I took a rubber mallet and beat the bolt open and got the round out. I tried that round in another gun and it went fine, I then tried other rounds in the Davidson Defense and again no-go. Yesterday Delta Team sent me a return label and I sent it off today. I told them I want my money back. We'll see how long it takes them and if I get a full refund.
    Also the rounds that I tried in the chamber came out very scuffed up, like the chamber wasn't finished. Empty brass wouldn't fit either.
    Last edited by 71silverbullet; 12-08-2016 at 05:43.
    Due to the high cost of ammo, don't expect a warning shot!

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your Bad Luck! I ordered an AR kit last year from Sarco minus the Lower. For the price I figured I'd have to deal with some small problems. I was surprised to find just the opposite. It was all Mil-Spec and neatly packaged and arrived in under 48 hours. I haven't seen Sarco mentioned on here but ill buy from them again. Good Luck with your Refund!
    "If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
    Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.
    And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind."
    Major Michael Davis O'Donnell KIA 7 Feb 1978

User Info Menu

So is it actually a Daniel Defense upper?
    Test for Echo

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 223 Gunner View Post
    I am thinking Typo

OP did you run a brush in the chamber. I had PSA upper a few years ago that did near the same thing.
    Looked in the chamber and it was full of crap. I put a chamber brush on a battery drill and cleaned it out.
    Ran just fine after that.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I think it's a Davidson Defense. In the OP.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    Yep, I have a Davidson Defense upper in my closet (223 Wylde) waiting to go on a build. I haven't tried it out yet. I hope it's not a widespread issue.

User Info Menu

DAVIDSON Defense. I must admit I checked my email at 5 am while waking up and drinking coffee and was thinking Daniel Defense when I placed the order. When I woke up I felt misled, but thats my fault.
    Due to the high cost of ammo, don't expect a warning shot!

User Info Menu

Hey guys, parts is parts, it shouldn't matter that one is $800 and another is $50? Daniel, David, Defense, it's all the same!

OP, not dogging on you, just making a point!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Hey guys, parts is parts, it shouldn't matter that one is $800 and another is $50? Daniel, David, Defense, it's all the same!

OP, not dogging on you, just making a point!
    exactly! You get what you pay for
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    Yes, I read the title and his paragraph, he does state Davidson a couple times and Daniel Defense once near the end, referring to it as the same upper with the issue.
    That's why I was confused.
    The OP could go back in and edit his post.
    Test for Echo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast