• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Who's got one and what do you think? My wife has finally approved a set amount of money for a long range gun. After doing some research I've decided on 6.5 Creedmoor and the RPR is really starting to catch my eye. I know they are hard to find at this moment but if I locate one I want to pick it up.

Are there any better options in the 1200-1400 range?

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    I have a friend that has the RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor and really likes it. If that is what you want go for it. The Big R store in Rochester IN has a 1st generation RPR 6.5 Creedmoor in stock for 1079$. I think it is 1st generation because it doesn't have the muzzle brake, just a threaded barrel. Good luck.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I almost bought one till I checked out break down.The whole thing looks great till the plastic part that has to retain high spring pressure.Just dont trust it

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Well as most of you married guys know... My wife changed her mind. So my 2k budget is now 1k. So the Viper PST I was gonna get is now out of question. I do have a PA 4-14x44 FFP thats gonna have to work for now. That Savage Stealth is now in my radar...

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon

Bsubtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    Dekalb county
    Well as most of you married guys know... My wife changed her mind. So my 2k budget is now 1k. So the Viper PST I was gonna get is now out of question. I do have a PA 4-14x44 FFP thats gonna have to work for now. That Savage Stealth is now in my radar...

Thats too bad as the RPR in 6.5 with the Viper PST is what I have, and love. I have a gen 2 but the upgrades from gen 1 to 2 didn't strike me as being mind-blowing. A lot of people got excited about that aluminum bolt shroud but I am not sure how much of a difference it makes.

It is a cool gun that outshoots me -BUT- I have no idea why I bought it. I have this idea I am going to shoot 800+ yards but I 1. don't have anywhere to stretch that long and 2. do not have the skills to get out that far. Also, I already have a pretty accurate .308 so adding another caliber was kinda dumb not the mention the fact that the .308 does all of what the 6.5 does for me.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers

Watch Find Guns for Sale and Gun Values | GunWatcher.com for deals on the Ruger Precision
    I picked up mine at Gander Mountain's Thanksgiving sale for $1149.
    Your FFP 4-16x50 is the perfect scope for that rifle, so look no further. Just make sure you have high quality rings and you are GTG
    I have not fired mine yet, but I've been playing around with the trigger and it's really nice.
    I also changed out the stock for a Magpul PRS

I was also considering the Savage, but the decision maker for me was that the Ruger takes 308 P-mags (plus a bunch of others).
    I like having a lot of mags and 10-25 round capacity choices is just awesome, and P-mags are easy to find and cheap

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    This almost made me cry... My BIL stumbled upon one at a Gander that was on sale then he had a 20% off coupon. He walked in planning to p/u a Marlin 60 for his Son but got the RPR 6.5 for himself.

BIL's are like that sometimes.... Selfish. Just kidding... Looking forward to warmer weather when he brings over the 6.5.

:ingo:

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I have one that I've yet to shoot chambered in 6.5CM.. you may check out Kittery Trading Post. I got mine from there about 2 months ago. Seems like they get 20-30 shipped to them at once, but they go quick!

Bsubtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    Dekalb county
    So Bsubtown ? What is the longest you shoot and how is the guns group ? Are you Rolling your own load or buying factory?
    I have only shot 20 rounds total and the furthest was out to 200. I shot a 3 round group at 100 that was something like .67 across so pretty tight. It opens up on me at 200 and I began to wonder if the scope was mounted correctly. I remounted it and haven't shot it since, lack of time and warmth. Those were Hornady superpreformance. I have all of the gear to make my own when I have brass and time, mostly time.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Savage 10 BA Stealth n 6.5 CM. Ordered it from Buds and saved almost $100 over everybody on gun broker and about the same cheaper than RPR. And it was in stock.:yesway:

I agree with this and NyleRN. The RPR'S never really did it for me. I think they're ugly as sin too. What advantages do you see that is has over something like a 12LRP? I'm honestly not trying to disuade you, just curious.

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    I am going through the same battle right now. RPR vs. Savage Model 10 BA Stealth. I actually signed in to start a thread, but saw this one. This will be my last 1500 plus build before the little one shows up. I don't think I will have the money to throw around after, so I want to make an educated decision. Buy once/cry once kind of deal.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I shot a borrowed RPR in 6.5 CM at a match on vacation. Varmint targets out to 500 meters. Prairie dog targets (about the shape of a bowling pin) and feeding crows at 385m (=425 yards) and coyote / jackrabbit targets at 500m. I hit 20 of 40, thrilled with it. All shooting done from prone with bipod, or we could use a soft field pack. Used factory 140 grain Hornady ammo. No complaints, hitting a steel jackrabbit at 500m was a hoot. The gun was accurate and easy to shoot. I don't think the 6.5 CM is hot enough to burn out a barrel unless you just shoot continuously.

Top Bottom