• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Finally got her to the range this afternoon. I think I'm in love with this rifle. I'm running a millet trs-1 4-16x50, weaver medium rings, and a Caldwell bipod. I used Austrian m80 ball to get a relative zero and then fine tuned with federal gold medal match 175gr at 100 yards. Zeroing ended up being costly as my very first shot out of the rifle hit the rebar target stand at Atterbury costing me an additional $15 :spend: well at least I know where it's impacting. Finally got it on target and was very pleased with the results.

Federal gold medal match 4 shot group just under an inch.

Even the Australian m80 ball shot nicely at about an inch and a half

Overall, I'm very pleased with this rifle. I'm new to bench rest and precision shooting like this but I can't to see how these groups improve as I become more practiced and as I try different loads. I'd like to find a range that goes beyond 100 yards if anyone has any recommendations I'm in indy. I'd also like to dive into reloading as well as I can see this rifle becoming a favorite shooter.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea I have one myself its a heck of a rifle to be able to just take it out of the box throw a scope on and be able to shoot sub moa groups with it. I love mine, its a lot of rifle for the money IMO.

FCPSR.jpg

Here is one of my 5 shot groups using the handload I have worked up for it, this was at 275yrds

FCP_SR_275yrds_2.jpg

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    I have on too. Absolutely love this rifle. Added a burris mtac scope and harris bipod. Here is 3 5 shot groups at 100 yards fired from bipod and sandbags on the rear. With handload 168gr hornady match bullets,

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    There is a new Bedford Range opened, called the Bedford Contingent. PM Chilidog or Ol Huff for more information on hours and fees.

There is also Deputy Big Shot near Deputy IN, has a range out to 500 yards. It's a really nice laid back kinda of place. A buddy of mine and I spent a whole day on the range making a trajectory chart on our rifles. We were able to take our time to walk to the targets and measure our drops, make adjustments, verify and then move on out to the next distance. We spent 8 hours out there that day, grant it, it was a Monday, but we were the only ones there. It might be a little drive for you but it would be well worth it.

stern1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    Anderson
    I have a model 16 in 308 and got my best results with Hornaday 168 gr. Amax for factory ammo. It did not like Federal Gold Match 168 gr sierra at all.

Top Bottom