Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    I prefer the SAR. I think the layout of the controls are more intuitive than the X95, and believe that not every firearm is best served by mimicking an AR. Plus the reports of poor accuracy are concerning.

I've had 2 SARs now, and the last was pretty pimped. I set it up for NV use (Meprolight MOR M&P and X300V), and added a Geisselle Super Sabra trigger. I really miss it, and feel the need for another coming on.

I disagree with that. The X95 has the mag release in a very natural place to press it. The charging handle is closer to work. The grip is now interchangeable and that means more aftermarket parts to fit the shooter. Because the charging handle is closer, it gives more space for places on the left side for stuff like a light instead of getting a whole different handguard aftermarket. And of course, a better stock trigger
    "Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

Having never fired either, I would have to actually shoot both to see which one shoots, reloads, and just plain feels the best to me...what feels great to someone else may well feel uncomfortable to me and visa versa. I've found multiple different opinions about the x95 being less accurate and just as accurate as the SAR. I have to wonder if maybe it might have as much to do with the individual gun-shooter-ammo combination as anything else.

I did experience that with my Marlin 1895--it would do reasonably good at 50 yards...~3" groups...until it launched a flier out 6+ inches away from the group--at least one in every bunch of 10 shots. Tried several different high end, lower end factory brands/weights until I found that my barrel really likes Winchester 240gr whitebox stuff...no more fliers, and the groups shrank too. Now it's almost as good at 100 yds as it used to be at 50, but much more consistent.

Honestly, I'd truly love to see the x95 with an 18" barrel--that's the one thing it seems folks tend to agree on, that the extra barrel length seems to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, no one is entitled to not be offended in this country nor should anyone be required to give a **** if someone is.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofWinter View Post
    Unless you can thread a sewing machine while it's still running, you haven't had enough coffee....
    A well-armed society is a polite and respectful society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HXTYzGDWcc

More accuracy proof against the x95. You get more rifle for the money with the SAR.

I'm a bit late to this thread but...
    Eric, I have a SAR that has some customizations. I have both the stock trigger pack and the Super Sabra/Lightning Bow combination.
    I am willing to meet if you want to try it.
    IMAG1852e.jpg
    Last edited by STFU; 01-13-2017 at 10:38. Reason: removed link, attached pic directly
    Stamp collecting is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamadog35 View Post
    Frank - there are some additional internal light options here from Gear Head Works

I have a Midwest Industries handguard on my Tavor with a SureFire Scount light. I liked the idea of having the entire light contained inside the handguard although it does make battery changes a bit more difficult.

I have been drooling over a SAR forever and this is almost exactly how I envisioned my end result, except mine vision has a can on it. Beautiful rifle

Quote Originally Posted by STFU View Post
    I'm a bit late to this thread but...
    Eric, I have a SAR that has some customizations. I have both the stock trigger pack and the Super Sabra/Lightning Bow combination.
    I am willing to meet if you want to try it.
    IMAG1852e.jpg
    How do you like the Lightning Bow? I have a Geissele trigger pack for mine but still have the stock trigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Birds Away View Post
    You'e thinking in circles and you have yourself surrounded.

As I sit here watching Green Bay beat up on Dallas (still 1st quarter, so we'll see how it ends, not just begins), I realize it's Sunday... And tomorrow is a Monday I have off. Anybody up for a range trip? Be happy to meet pretty much anywhere that's convenient to you.

Been doing more and more YouTube research... Starting to look like the majority opinion is that the X95 is generally less accurate than the SAR. Looks like some of that is ammo choice, but ammo alone won't account for the extra size of the groups at 100 yards. Now I have to wonder if there's anything that will make that accuracy gap shrink for the 95?

Still, if the X95 is substantially better to shoot than the original, I'd entertain plans of buying it instead--I just don't see having the $$ to get both and use one for shorter and one for longer ranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, no one is entitled to not be offended in this country nor should anyone be required to give a **** if someone is.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofWinter View Post
    Unless you can thread a sewing machine while it's still running, you haven't had enough coffee....
    A well-armed society is a polite and respectful society.

I can only do Tuesday or Thursday of this week.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land; Snob, Forum Settings

Quote Originally Posted by eric001 View Post
    As I sit here watching Green Bay beat up on Dallas (still 1st quarter, so we'll see how it ends, not just begins), I realize it's Sunday... And tomorrow is a Monday I have off. Anybody up for a range trip? Be happy to meet pretty much anywhere that's convenient to you.

Been doing more and more YouTube research... Starting to look like the majority opinion is that the X95 is generally less accurate than the SAR. Looks like some of that is ammo choice, but ammo alone won't account for the extra size of the groups at 100 yards. Now I have to wonder if there's anything that will make that accuracy gap shrink for the 95?

Still, if the X95 is substantially better to shoot than the original, I'd entertain plans of buying it instead--I just don't see having the $$ to get both and use one for shorter and one for longer ranges.
    Do you want a tavor specifically or a bullpup?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast