• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Recently purchased Mossberg 500 combo and need a decent, yet inexpensive case, for both the shotgun and the extra barrel with scope. Any suggestions? Figured you're the folks with the most experience.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've owned a model 500 for more than 30 years and I've never seen a case specifically for the combo.
    You'll likely need to look to a case that has the foam squares you can pluck out in the patterns you need.

I have a fairly nice Plano aluminum case that would work well for your purposes, but the foam would need to be changed to suit your needs.
    No, my case is not for sale.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just as a suggestion, you could use one of the inexpensive Plano cases that you can get at places like Rural King, big enough for your extra barrel, then use a soft case for the barrel to keep it from hitting the shotgun.
    A bit of poking around came up with this, though - https://acecase.com/extra-barrel-shotgun-case-nylon.html
    This second option may be what it sounds like, but the description isn't very detailed, so you can call the company at 800-544-0008 to get a definitive answer about whether it has a provision for the second barrel.
    Their hours are 9:00-4:35 Centra Time, so you'll have to call after 10:00 in our Eastern Time zone in Indiana.

Top Bottom