Sig Sauer MCX Patrol in 300 blk. Where to find one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I have been scouring the internet and calling all the local shops to try and find the sig mcx in 300blk. The reason im looking for this particular gun is because i currently own and Anderson Arms in 300 blk. With a CMMG gas piston kit and it just isnt that reliable. I know of two close friends that have reliability issue with the 300 blk. The issue is not picking up a round every once in a while. But love the quality of Sig and i want a reliable semi auto riffle. So with all that said im looking for #1 any experience with this riffle and #2 where to get my chubby little digits on it to in the end buy but to play woth to see if its what i really want or if there is a good 300blk that is piston driven to substitute it with. Thanks.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sig is currently replacing the bolts on the Gen 1 MCXs to the new Gen 2 style which is delaying production on new rifles.

And Sig hasn't made any 300blk MCXs available to the public in a while. I have a FDE Gen 2 pistol in 300blk on order and was told it'll be a while. Not as long as the MPX wait but still out there

I doubt any local shop would have one in stock, if you need one quickly I'd try gunbroker

I've shot the MCX in 5.56 and 300blk a couple times, they're slick rifles. In full auto the 300blk rises pretty quick, really high rate of fire.

Curious to your current rifle/pistol. Is your Anderson barrel a carbine or pistol length gas system?

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    When i had originally trade for the gun it was a 5.56 pistol which i turned into a 300 blk pistol with 9.5in barrel and it ran fine as a pistol. When they introduced the new hunting laws a while back to allow 300 blk as a hunting riffle i turned it into a riffle with 16in barrel and carbine length gas piston system. I was told if i change out the spring to a 300blk specific buffer spring that it would eliminate my problems. Of not cycling far enough back to pick up a round

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    Do they make the rec 7 in 300 blk. I love the round plus ive got a few thousand rounds on hand dont want to change calibers but it is definitely a slick looking riffle what is the starting price of the rec7?

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    So i should point out what lead me to this decision to go with the sig is in thenpast i have dealt with some pretty low end AR-15s and it has really put a bad taste in my mouth if you know what i mean. i am honestly looking for a quality riffle in 300blk that is piston driven (for the cleanliness and functionality) price point is around 1600 ish.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    When i had originally trade for the gun it was a 5.56 pistol which i turned into a 300 blk pistol with 9.5in barrel and it ran fine as a pistol. When they introduced the new hunting laws a while back to allow 300 blk as a hunting riffle i turned it into a riffle with 16in barrel and carbine length gas piston system. I was told if i change out the spring to a 300blk specific buffer spring that it would eliminate my problems. Of not cycling far enough back to pick up a round

There's your issue with your rifle, 300blk is a bi*ch to get running with a carbine gas system.

If it's an Anderson barrel contact them and tell them no matter what you do you can't get it to cycle. They'll probably send you a replacement barrel with a pistol length gas system

DI guns run perfectly fine when they're filthy disgusting. The piston thing for cleanliness is overrated IMO. Throw a suppressor on it too and they all get dirty

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    Yeah i might try that. I got the piston kit from brownels they'll take it back and exchange it for a pistol gas system. I didnt think of that. This riffle is a cheap peice together and im still wanting a from factory piston kit 300 blk. Thats not all peiced together. The reason i went with the cardine length is beacause i had the piston kit laying around.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    How much did you pay for the Rec 7 in 300 i couldnt find a price off of barrets wedsite? I looked around Lafayette today went to about 4 guns shops and the only good conversation i had was at gander mountain which usually isnt the case. Must be the weather nobody wanted to shhot the ****. I did talk to the guy at gander mountain said he loved his mcx and told me its worth waiting and finding one.

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    How much did you pay for the Rec 7 in 300 i couldnt find a price off of barrets wedsite? I looked around Lafayette today went to about 4 guns shops and the only good conversation i had was at gander mountain which usually isnt the case. Must be the weather nobody wanted to shhot the ****. I did talk to the guy at gander mountain said he loved his mcx and told me its worth waiting and finding one.

It is 1699 at midwest in elkhart. They have one in stock in grey.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    So i have purchased a Sig Mcx in 5.56 all of 4 hours ago havent taken it to the range yet but i got it for a good deal. I know that they make a barrel kit to switch it over to 300 blk i cant find a price on one wanted to see if it would even be worth getting. So does anyone know where to get the 300blk barrel kit at or how much it costs? For now i am going to enjoy it as 5.56 i found 1000rds for $239 shipped

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I was told by a guy behind the counter at gander mountain that they had started to realse the barrel kits said he has already ordered one. That was 2 or 3 weeks ago and i havent seen the guy since didmt know if there was any truth behind it or not?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was told by a guy behind the counter at gander mountain that they had started to realse the barrel kits said he has already ordered one. That was 2 or 3 weeks ago and i havent seen the guy since didmt know if there was any truth behind it or not?
    Maybe. But it's gander mountain so....
    I spoke to sig 6 months ago and they didn't even have an eta.

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    So i have purchased a Sig Mcx in 5.56 all of 4 hours ago havent taken it to the range yet but i got it for a good deal. I know that they make a barrel kit to switch it over to 300 blk i cant find a price on one wanted to see if it would even be worth getting. So does anyone know where to get the 300blk barrel kit at or how much it costs? For now i am going to enjoy it as 5.56 i found 1000rds for $239 shipped

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the ammo and what kind?

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    Absolutely have you ever heard of the web site gunbot.net ? It scours the interwebs for ammo prices and updates like every 30 seconds. You can sort by price per round or time posted for just about every caliber you can think of. What i bought was .223 55gr wolf for$0.21 around came to $4.19 for a 20rds shipping was $19.99

Top Bottom