• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redfox033

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Newburgh
    I'm thinking about buying a new semi auto shotgun. I used to have a Benelli M1 super 90, I loved it but had to sell it several years ago. Now I'm wanting a new one. I was planning on buying the Benelli M2 field. But I've done some research and Stoeger is made by Benelli and has great reviews. I'm wanting a 3" chamber.

What say you? Buy the Benelli M2 ($1350) or stoeger M3000 for ($500)

should I spend the extra $850 on the Benelli?

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    That may be a option, to save some money, But I have never looked into that company.

There is a reason why the Benelli cost more.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    There is a reason why the Benelli cost more.

Yes, fit, finish, and marketing.... mostly. The Stoeger m3000 is a fine gun but not quite as nice as the Benelli. With the Stoeger you get most of the performance of the Benelli at less than half the price. Only you can decide if the additional performance is worth the additional cost.

redfox033

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Newburgh
    Yea, I really leaning towards the Stoeger. A guy at work has the M3000 and he's going to let me come to his house and shoot it. I held the M3000. It feels great. I could litterly buy the M3000 and the M3500 if I wanted and still be cheaper than the Benelli. I'm not really interested in a 3.5 inch, it's just crazy the Benelli is so much more.

Dont get me wrong I LOVED my Benelli M1, if it wasnt for money issues about 10 years ago I never would have let that gun go.

DarkElite220

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2014
    Bloomington
    My opinion would be how much will you be shooting it? Are you going to be shooting a couple thousand rounds a year through it or 50? Like Huntinfool said theres a reason the benelli costs more. The stoeger may be the same design but what materials are they using on the internals? My guess would be probably nothing close to what the M2 uses

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    The Benelli truly is one of those "buy once, cry one" purchases. (unless it gets stolen) :(

I have know a couple of guys that thought the Stoeger would be good enough for them. and didn't want to spend the money. And what do they do? End up taking a loss on the used Stoeger, and go buy a Benelli. And yes I have gotten 2 - " you told me so" phone call.

I have killed somewhere a 100 turkeys with a Benelli SBE. It's the only gun I that I always said "if it was stolen today, I'd buy another one tomorrow". Well it was stolen out of my truck on a hunting trip one time. And I didn't even hesitate on with to replace it with. It was almost like losing an old friend.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have a Stoeger M3500 and M3000 along with numerous Brownings.

The trigger on the Stoeger is nothing more than acceptable and the quality is, well, what you'd expect in a $500 gun.

With that being said; the Stoegers are absolutely worth every dollar. The swing well and for field and casual sporting clays - you don't worry as much about it taking a knock on the rack.

If price matters; buy the Stoeger. You can buy two plus accessories for the price of one Benelli.

If quality matters; buy the Benelli - yes it is $850 better in quality - well...maybe.

Both will point and shoot equally well through many 1000's of rounds. When you compare side by side you will really see and feel the difference in quality.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    May I suggest a financial compromise; have you considered a Benelli Nova? I know it's a pump, but it is widely considered as the best pump in it's price range, and it's WAY more affordable then a M2.

Last edited:

aspiringsnd

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    Westfield
    I have an M3000 because of its' similarity to the Benelli. While they're very similar in their design, the Benelli has its' advantages -- as I recall, certain materials are of lesser quality and the bolt design / inertia system isn't as serviceable as the Benelli.

For my use, the Stoeger is perfect -- but the Benelli is definitely a finer piece of equipment.

Top Bottom