• ...and so much more!
  • TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    I would never ever ever.....ever... buy a plastic reciever. If a round goes bad you have a grenade in your hand. Youtube some polymer failures.

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    I've built two poly JMT Lowers... they work well. I tried them because they are easier to machine with my simple drill press.

Ive been happy with both builds.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.JPG
      IMG_0467.JPG
      140.8 KB · Views: 11
    • IMG_0466.JPG
      IMG_0466.JPG
      160.7 KB · Views: 9
    • IMG_0465.JPG
      IMG_0465.JPG
      97.6 KB · Views: 9
    Last edited:

Saber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I have two.
    Very easy to machine and work well as long as you don't use them as an axe.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Aluminum most definitely, but at the same time with the lower price of receivers it is not worth it to me to buy a 80% lower.

Expression F

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2017
    Goshen
    Thanks for the responses. I did look for polymer lower failures on YouTube but was unable to find any that seemed to change my mind. I think both would be a good option and besides the majority of handguns are made with polymer lowers.

Expression F

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2017
    Goshen
    Aluminum most definitely, but at the same time with the lower price of receivers it is not worth it to me to buy a 80% lower.

I agree but I think that milling your own gives more satisfaction then buying it already done for you. The other nice thing is that they do not have to be serialized so there is no record that you have it just in case Uncle Sam gets the itch to take them away.

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    Never seen a law forbiding selling a homebuilt firearm therefore one can assume its not a problem to sell a homebuilt firearm. I have read in 27 CFR 478.92 that firearms for sale must be serialized. IANAL YMMV

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Never seen a law forbiding selling a homebuilt firearm therefore one can assume its not a problem to sell a homebuilt firearm. I have read in 27 CFR 478.92 that firearms for sale must be serialized. IANAL YMMV

There are a gazillion firearms for sale out there today that have no serial numbers, and they're all perfectly legal to sell/trade/buy.
    Firearms manufactured before a certain date (circa 1940's I believe) were not required to have serial numbers, therefore many manufacturers didn't bother.
    I have a Mossberg model 144 .22Lr that has no serial number, and it never has.

Top Bottom