• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm taking a long shot looking for a Mosin with the markings F.L.P.Ri or F.L.P.Mi. indicating that they were once used in Latvia. I know my chances of finding one are very slim but I was wondering if anyone had an idea what the best way to approach my search would be. Are there any stores around with a selection that I could go through? Or are there any vendors at the 1500 that I should try talking to? I know the odds of finding one are slim but I appreciate any help you fine people can offer. Thanks for your time!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yep, you want to know about Mosin Nagants, Millertyme is your man.
    I would not be at all surprised if he didn't have EXACTLY what you're looking for.
    I would be surprised if he sold it, but not if he owned one.

I would also not be surprised if he knew where to find one.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    Here is the latest thoughts on these. I'd love to find one myself as well. You never know what will turn up out there
    FLP mystery (probably) solved
    Thanks for the additional info, that was an interesting read! My wife is Latvian and I was looking for one of these as a gift to my father in law. Piecing together the history of some of these old rifles can definitely take you in directions you wouldn't expect.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Nate, if Millertyme can't help you log on to MdShooter.com forum and hit the C&R threads and send yellowsled a message.
    He is huge into Mosins and also owns hundreds. Another knowledgeable man. Good Luck.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Your name is "Miller Tyme", you say you are from "Whiskey City" and your avatar is Miller beer yet you call it jet lag? Dude, no shame here, own it, it is a hangover!

:):
    No , jet lag , got up at 4am yesterday, got home at 12:05 am today, flew in from Key West with a layover in the Ft Lauderdale, after 10 days of doing the Duval Crawl and boating out on Picnic Island I elected to drink just water yesterday.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Do some saved searches on all the auction sites and have the search send you an email when it finds a listing. Get on Empire Arms wish list for one. If you're really dedicated get out to every gun show and store you can. I'm not talking about the LGS. But stores in other states too. Some people have Mosins and don't know what the have. Sometimes dumb luck will be on your side. Good luck, it won't be cheap.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Curious - why are you after a Latvian MN?
    I guess my answer was already given.
    Thanks for the additional info, that was an interesting read! My wife is Latvian and I was looking for one of these as a gift to my father in law. Piecing together the history of some of these old rifles can definitely take you in directions you wouldn't expect.
    Do you often go to Latvia?

I was in Riga in 2015, I enjoyed it, but there's a lot of European handbags on men's shoulders and leopard print on women...

Top Bottom