• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If I recall, they are just an assembler. A co-worker has one of their pistols but hasn't shot it much.

If you're looking for a good Hoosier made rifle, look at BCI Defense. They manufacturer their one lowers and uppers. (They did the INGO lowers)

I got to play with one of their .300 BO at the range last week. Very nice rifle.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    If I recall, they are just an assembler. A co-worker has one of their pistols but hasn't shot it much.

If you're looking for a good Hoosier made rifle, look at BCI Defense. They manufacturer their one lowers and uppers. (They did the INGO lowers)

I got to play with one of their .300 BO at the range last week. Very nice rifle.

Majority of AR manufacturers just assemble. I don't know anything about the company the OP mentioned but I did have some fitment issues recently with a BCI defense lower. Im positive it was the lower because I grabbed a separate LPK to make sure.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    only have looked at 1 picture of the rifle and it has some add on and a reflex sight. Just waiting on better pictures and information. This and a Ruger american 30.06 for a trade I am doing.. never had a 06 before. Thanks for any information you all can give. TIM

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I have a Vision Defense rifle. While I dont shoot it alot, it has been 100% reliable for me. They machine the lowers in house, not sure about the other parts. Oh yeah, it also has a lifetime warranty. I cant compare them to other brands, because I only have one ar. I would not hesitate to buy another.

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    I have two visions.not bad...will build whatever you want
    Bci lowers are a miss. Most aftermarket triggers do not fit on the two i had and the trigger pockets were out of spec by .0015".

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have two visions.not bad...will build whatever you want
    Bci lowers are a miss. Most aftermarket triggers do not fit on the two i had and the trigger pockets were out of spec by .0015".

interesting my issues with the BCI lowers were the front take down pin and the mag catch hole

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Say it isn't so. I've been lead to believe that only Anderson lowers suck.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a Vision Defense rifle. While I dont shoot it alot, it has been 100% reliable for me. They machine the lowers in house, not sure about the other parts. Oh yeah, it also has a lifetime warranty. I cant compare them to other brands, because I only have one ar. I would not hesitate to buy another.
    Vision Defense? Lifetime warranty? Who honors that warranty in 6 months when VD is gone? A two year old company in the AR biz is a real long shot right now!

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Vision Defense? Lifetime warranty? Who honors that warranty in 6 months when VD is gone? A two year old company in the AR biz is a real long shot right now!

I wondered that also. Couple of friends have bought VD ARs from GunTown and have been very happy with them but doubt they've shot thousands of rounds thru them yet though.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    For anyone interested in a Vision AR, all I can add is the fit and finish on my custom serialized lower left me walking out of their building with a smile on my face. As has been pointed out, they use quality outsourced trigger groups, furniture, and Bear Creek barrels. The draw for me was they are close enough to be considered local and I gave them the same preference I would give a LGS over a Nationwide Retailer. Will they be here in five years to honor a lifetime warranty should that be necessary? If I knew what the future held, hell I'd be down at my broker's telling him what sure investments to buy for me, don't know and don't care, cause I buy on product quality and that I got.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    For anyone interested in a Vision AR, all I can add is the fit and finish on my custom serialized lower left me walking out of their building with a smile on my face. As has been pointed out, they use quality outsourced trigger groups, furniture, and Bear Creek barrels. The draw for me was they are close enough to be considered local and I gave them the same preference I would give a LGS over a Nationwide Retailer. Will they be here in five years to honor a lifetime warranty should that be necessary? If I knew what the future held, hell I'd be down at my broker's telling him what sure investments to buy for me, don't know and don't care, cause I buy on product quality and that I got.

Glad you're happy with your rifle. I haven't heard much about them. I did drive past them last week and finally realized where they were. But it was midnight and they weren't open. I'm all for supporting local companys. :)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have nothing but good things to say about them. I don't have a whole rifle but a lot of pieces and parts came from them on my previous build. I'd order a rifle from them if I was shopping for one

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm not saying anything bad about them, never even seen one, didn't know they existed. A search of the SoS website says that someone's wife, girlfriend, daughter, mother, etc. is the registered agent of the LLC started 2FEB15? Way late into the AR game, if you ask me, but you didn't, so...Hopefully, now that the market sux for AR manufacturing, assembling, and selling, I hope they make it. BCM and Daniel Defense entered the game at the sunset, and made a QUALITY product, and they are still here. Hopefully, I can say the same about VD a few years from now.

Top Bottom