• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Looking to get the most quietness out of my new .22LR suppressor so I am looking for recommendations for a .22LR bolt action or lever action rifle. Needs to have a 1/2x28 threaded barrel as I want to use it as a suppressor host.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Ruger American Rimfire. Uses standard 10/22 mags and has a nice crisp and light trigger. Here's my grand son shooting mine suppressed. Go to 2m 29s to hear the CCI Quiet.
    (This was his first time shooting a rifle so his form isn't the best. He's cleaned it up a lot since then. LOL)
    Dan

[video=youtube_share;aw444AyMjxI]http://youtu.be/aw444AyMjxI?[/video]

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok so I could be completely wrong but I don't think you want to go with a lever action. As far as I know they are all tube fed. You would have to take the suppressor off every time you needed to reload it?

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    My GF recently acquired a Troy Landry Signature Savage Mark II FV-SR. It is a fine rifle with an adjustable trigger and threaded heavy target barrel. It will be suppressed one of these days.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Not much new to add here...
    except to ask why not semi-auto?

but back to the OP - Savage, Ruger American, CZ would all be great.
    Does Ruger make a take-down version of their bolt rifles? A lightweight, take-down, suppressor ready (in either bolt action or semi) would be a lot of fun. I know they were releasing - or have released - this in the 10/22 variety, but as a bolt action that would be awesome!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    In answer to Throttle....not semi auto because:

1. Already have like 4 Ruger 10/22's and a M&P 15-22
    2. Trying to get the quietest .22LR rifle possible and semi-auto's won't cycle the bolt on the CCI quiets.

Porsche911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2015
    United States
    I have a bolt action Savage. Can't remember the exact model. I want to say it is a Mark II. Anyway, I think its my favorite gun. I put a Leupold scope on it. That with the the suppressor makes it a great gun to shoot. I would recommend getting some sub-sonic ammo to run though. My suppressor said I should only run sub-sonic. CCI makes some. I think Aguila does too. I'm sure there is others, so please don't beat me up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    In answer to Throttle....not semi auto because:

1. Already have like 4 Ruger 10/22's and a M&P 15-22
    2. Trying to get the quietest .22LR rifle possible and semi-auto's won't cycle the bolt on the CCI quiets.
    You'll find a bolt to be extremely quiet with a suppressor and regular sub-sonics. I really don't know that you are gaining much by using the quiets with a suppressor.

Oh, I will throw out another vote for the FVSR. I love mine.
    Savage%20FVSR.jpg

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    MOst lever guns has a magazine tube under the barrell which will make is dificult to threat the barrell and attach a suppressor. I'm not saying it can't be done but I am saying it would be a lot more work to shorten teh Magazine and thread the barrell than to just threat the barrell on a bolt gun.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I was looking at the savage fvsr, BUT when I put it up to get a cheekweld, I was looking right down the rail, by the time I put a scope on it, I wouldn't be able to see without some kind of cheek pad on the stock, then I went and watched a youtube video and a guy still couldn't get a good position even with a cheek pad.

the consensus was to change either the basses, or buy a different stock

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    MOst lever guns has a magazine tube under the barrell which will make is dificult to threat the barrell and attach a suppressor. I'm not saying it can't be done but I am saying it would be a lot more work to shorten teh Magazine and thread the barrell than to just threat the barrell on a bolt gun.

the new henry has a short tube so it can be reloaded with the can on the rifle

View attachment 53245

Top Bottom