Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sharpshooter

Sugesstions for bolt action or lever action .22 for suppressor host

Looking to get the most quietness out of my new .22LR suppressor so I am looking for recommendations for a .22LR bolt action or lever action rifle. Needs to have a 1/2x28 threaded barrel as I want to use it as a suppressor host.

Don't practice until you do it right; practice until you can't do it wrong.

Ruger American Rimfire. Uses standard 10/22 mags and has a nice crisp and light trigger. Here's my grand son shooting mine suppressed. Go to 2m 29s to hear the CCI Quiet.
    (This was his first time shooting a rifle so his form isn't the best. He's cleaned it up a lot since then. LOL)
    Dan

Sharpshooter
    Ok so I could be completely wrong but I don't think you want to go with a lever action. As far as I know they are all tube fed. You would have to take the suppressor off every time you needed to reload it?

Oh man , The browning t-bolt or the CZ455 I think. great jobs by both!
    We must be HEARD now, or we will be HERD later!

My GF recently acquired a Troy Landry Signature Savage Mark II FV-SR. It is a fine rifle with an adjustable trigger and threaded heavy target barrel. It will be suppressed one of these days.

Not much new to add here...
    except to ask why not semi-auto?

but back to the OP - Savage, Ruger American, CZ would all be great.
    Does Ruger make a take-down version of their bolt rifles? A lightweight, take-down, suppressor ready (in either bolt action or semi) would be a lot of fun. I know they were releasing - or have released - this in the 10/22 variety, but as a bolt action that would be awesome!
    "Stay classy, San Diego"

Sharpshooter
    In answer to Throttle....not semi auto because:

1. Already have like 4 Ruger 10/22's and a M&P 15-22
    2. Trying to get the quietest .22LR rifle possible and semi-auto's won't cycle the bolt on the CCI quiets.

Plinker
    I have a bolt action Savage. Can't remember the exact model. I want to say it is a Mark II. Anyway, I think its my favorite gun. I put a Leupold scope on it. That with the the suppressor makes it a great gun to shoot. I would recommend getting some sub-sonic ammo to run though. My suppressor said I should only run sub-sonic. CCI makes some. I think Aguila does too. I'm sure there is others, so please don't beat me up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast