• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I have been looking for one of these several years now so when this one became available while I was on vacation I moved fast to secure it for my collection.

It's a Finn captured 36 Tula PE sniper rifle that was de-scoped before export. It is a mix master of both Izhevsk and Tula parts but the bore is bright with good rifling. I have a nice Ukrainian reproduction PE scope to reside on it while I attempt to track down an original PE scope and mount for it. It will go nicely with my other 1936 Mosins.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Do you have a "niche" within the M/N platform that you work at?

Or would you consider the platform in general as your "niche"?

A guy I work with is also a M/N nut - I'd love to be able to give him a list of your collection so I could watch his eyes bulge out of his face. LOL

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    He does....It's just a very large "niche".....:)

Millertyme that looks good...Nice crisp cartouches....Very elegant (in it's own commie way) and oodles of history...Very nice brother.....

What can I say Rick, I just like fugly old Russian rifles.

P.S. will be down your way tomorrow working on my favorite boilers :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    She's beautiful MT! Other than the obvious (bent bolt, scope mount holes), what are other things that identify an ex-sniper, like markings or...? And especially as it pertains to the "fake" sniper rifles that show up all the time, like from Century.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    She's beautiful MT! Other than the obvious (bent bolt, scope mount holes), what are other things that identify an ex-sniper, like markings or...? And especially as it pertains to the "fake" sniper rifles that show up all the time, like from Century.

Other than the obvious traits you list the "cn" over the Tula star ( or ch on latter Tulas) helps denote it as a sniper, The manufacturer and year produced and the type of sniper ( top mount, side mount, PU ) are also clues ( Tula switched to side mounts in 1938, Izhevsk didn't start making snipers till 42 PU production also commenced in 42 ) So there are a lot of clues someone can use to verify it is indeed an original sniper.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Other than the obvious traits you list the "cn" over the Tula star ( or ch on latter Tulas) helps denote it as a sniper, The manufacturer and year produced and the type of sniper ( top mount, side mount, PU ) are also clues ( Tula switched to side mounts in 1938, Izhevsk didn't start making snipers till 42 PU production also commenced in 42 ) So there are a lot of clues someone can use to verify it is indeed an original sniper.

Very cool, thank you sir! :bowdown:

Top Bottom