• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    well today I ordered one finally it was 750....plus 20 when it arrives at my ffl. Im stoked and cant wait been wanting one for along time. My question I see the oem mags are really high dollar, so are the sgm, any good wanted to know before I pay 40 bucks for one..Thanks

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I have the sgm stick mags and they work fine. They aren't as nice as oem but no feeding issues I can tell. The biggest coherence is the insertion into the rifle. Oem have metal feed lips and tend to slide into the rifle better.

One thing to note the sgm may need to be fitted to your rifle. I believe they cover any fitting issues on their web site.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I have an sgm that worked for a while, but the plastic finally wore away and now won't stay in the gun. Csspecs makes a metal version that works. All saiga 030 factory mags work as well (my personal faves)

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    ok thanks will try to find some saiga mags and or pick up a steel one. will the vepr run any kinda of ammo right out of the box? or is it like the saiga and will need fine tuned?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    vepr.org has a vepr12 forum with a wealth of info about the vepr12 and seems to be the best resource I have found on the web. They like hot loads particularly when new. I have the best results with 1 1/4 oz loads

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Why not go full on Vepr 12 SBS?

IMG_20160326_213642-4.jpg

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    I really am wanting the Vepr12.... however, i think i will be saving for this model instead of the base model...
    https://www.legionusa.com/vepr-12-vpo-205-sut-03sb-14-barrel.html

not a fan of the slant cut tho but nice. my ran like crap with a box of supremea and Winchester super shot, so I racked it about 200 times or more and lightly sanded the rails, hammer and under side of carrier where it drags on the hammer, now it runs great and will shoot whatever I put in it so far my sgm 12 rounds mags just came yesterday so Im ready to try them out this weekend.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom