• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've got the itch to change up my MK18....... again. It's currently a MOD 1 clone, and I want to shorten it up while cutting some weight. I've replaced the EXPS3 Eotech with an Aimpoint T2, the M3X with an X300U @ 12 o'clock, and a set of Daniel Defense fixed irons instead of the folding KAC sights. Currently wearing a Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II, might go with something like a Geissele MLOK or another Centurion CMR like whats on my SR-15.

I've been looking at a few collapsible PDW style stocks, and am seeking advice. It looks like BAD VERT, Troy PDW, and the MVB ARC-X are the most popular, am I missing any? Thanks INGO

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    i went with a maxim defense cqb with the jp silent capture spring, very happy so far. one of the many pros of the maxim defense cqb is the fact that you can use a standard bolt carrier group instead of a proprietary one like some of the others

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    What's your endgame? If you're looking for the shortest overall you need to add the NEA CCS to that list. It's the grandfather to the Troy and is shorter than all of these. Functions great on 556 and pistol caliber not so good and Beowulf

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I love the Daniel defense rails.

Me too. I don't think I can replace it regardless of what my "Tactical Timmy" buddies say, haha. Don't get me wrong, M-LOK is awesome...... but what's a guy supposed to do if I acquire an M203 during ITEOTWAKI?

I ordered the BAD VERT at 2330 last night from LA Police gear. They had it for $375 and an 11% off coupon that ended at midnight. Then I get an email saying it's out of stock and it's going to be forever before they get more, ugggg.

Not sure what my end game is, shy of looking cool and having fun with it. I'd really like to keep the gun short, and maybe be able to store it in a backpack. I really like that the BAD (as well as a few others) don't require a proprietary BCG. I've currently got a Spikes nickel boron one in it, and hate to ditch it. That said, the Troy is mighty tempting.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Another happy Maxim Defense CQB with the jp silent capture spring user here.

10rmq1i.jpg

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I couldn't get a good cheek weld on the troy. Been told there is some other companies out there that have improved on it. Also troy requires there own BCG and I'm not a big fan of not having spare parts if something should fail.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

BAD VERT PDW stock came in yesterday, and ran out to Centurion Arms last night. Magpul K grip is in the mail, and looking at short throw safeties (due to the rails on the stock).
    Really like how this thing went together and feels. Being able to use my standard AR-15 BCG that's nickel boron coated over a proprietary one was a real bonus. Can't wait to take it out.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    That is one nice looking rig. Short throw safety for sure. What is your FCG? I've been watching the PDW stocks for a while myself. I'm like the others, don't care for a proprietary BCG even if it costs me a little length.

Very nice. :yesway::yesway:

:ingo:

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    What about the LWRC UCIW, any one have experience with them? I have been also looking at the PDW but not sure how much I would like the cheek weld compared to a more standard stock.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    That is one nice looking rig. Short throw safety for sure. What is your FCG? I've been watching the PDW stocks for a while myself. I'm like the others, don't care for a proprietary BCG even if it costs me a little length.

Very nice. :yesway::yesway:

:ingo:

I'm using a Geissele SSA FCG, with a Spikes nickel boron bcg. I was lucky that the buffer worked with my bcg, some don't due to varying thicknesses. I've gotten addicted to how easy it is to keep clean.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    What about the LWRC UCIW, any one have experience with them? I have been also looking at the PDW but not sure how much I would like the cheek weld compared to a more standard stock.

I was really concerned about the cheek weld, which was one of the main reason's I went with the BAD stock. The kydex cheek piece really works well. The LWRC stock is solid too though, you can't go wrong with anything they make. I used to have one on my M6 IC Carbine and loved it.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus

I have a LWRC UICW stock on a build I did, works well. Although I don't have experience with any of the PDW style stocks. I do like the overall length when collapsed and it is long enough to use when fully extended, I don't feel cramped. Cheek weld is solid. Changing buffer weights is very expensive, I think heavy buffers is the only place with them available, and they run about $90 each I think.

Top Bottom