The lowest entry-level AR15s will sell for in 1 year.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I have only been interested in firearms since 2009. With Trump being elected and further gun control measures off the table for the foreseeable future, I am starting to hear reports of $400-$700 AR15s. To me this seems ridiculously cheap. Are these the lowest prices we will see for the AR15s or will they go even lower as time goes on? For instance, will AR15s that are currently going for $500-$700 drop to $400-$500 by the end of the year? Will AR15s currently going for $500 drop to less than $400? I know that prices in recent years have been driven by demand. Now that the demand has dramatically lessened, where is the market going to bottom out? Even though Trump has only just taken office, have the prices reach their lowest? I don't want to rob manufacturers or the dealers but I can afford to wait if prices will drop lower.

I also have been looking around at other gun-related stuff like ammunition(especially .22lr), handguns, and reloading components. I know what prices are now and some of the stuff I am interested in is the lowest I have seen for 2-3 years. Of these, what do you expect(if prices continue to trend lower) them to bottom out at in a year? I know that it would be speculation on your part but some of you have been interested firearms much longer than I have. Thanks! :)

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I posit most prices on related equipment (like ammo, reloading, etc.) will stay about the same.

The gun industry rolled the dice on a Hillary win. As such, there are millions of extra ARs sitting in warehouses right now. They were smart about not immediately flooding the market with super cheap ARs. Prices will trend down and we'll see stupid low sales this Black Friday. Expect to keep seeing $450 entry-level ARs for a while. Once that hits the pocket books of the mid to "quality" AR manufacturers, they'll start trending down as well.

If you're looking for a Radical, Anderson, PSA, etc., buy now. If you're wanting a S&W or Bushy, etc., save your money for a few months and buy when they go on sale in the fall. If you want an Internet Operator AR (DD, LMT, etc.) wait until Black Friday.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Im already seeing Delton ar's for 399.99 online and some better brands like dpms and s&w at the $499 price range. Check out slickguns.com and you'll find some real good deals

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Like most others on here, i think it'll go down a bit more...
    But all it takes is ONE panic/event to create a feeding frenzy, regardless of whos in White House. There might only be 2 yrs of the current arrangement, with midterm elections and discontent, this might be as good as it gets politically (no erosion of rights, but perhaps no/little expansion).

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Watch the Rural King ads. DPMS and S&W Sport 15 II have been on sale really cheap lately.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Please don't be complacent and think just because trump is in office we can stop being vigilant on the gun rights issue. The next round for control of the house is in 2 years!!! We have only for sure 2 years (republican majority and the white house) to write and call and send emails to push through gun rights bills that return the rights that have been stolen from us over the last 80 years.
    We all need to be doing this weekly and having friends and family do it too. Let them know we will hold them accountable!

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Please don't be complacent and think just because trump is in office we can stop being vigilant on the gun rights issue. The next round for control of the house is in 2 years!!! We have only for sure 2 years (republican majority and the white house) to write and call and send emails to push through gun rights bills that return the rights that have been stolen from us over the last 80 years.
    We all need to be doing this weekly and having friends and family do it too. Let them know we will hold them accountable!

Ditto

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Exactly, keep buying as you would no matter who is in office.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

Word. Keep your ammo and reloading budgets moving along. There are and will be buying opportunities.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    When colt and bcm get that cheap is when I'll get excited.$400 radical and delton guns isn't gonna get my motor running.
    I guess you don't like money.

When that see you next Tuesday out in California said she was going to take away all AR-15s, the noobs who didn't have one and the rich guys who figured they ought to get one or two more didn't care what brand their $1500 AR-15 was. All they cared about was it was one of those guns that was going to get banned.

The $400 guns aren't for fast-roping out of little birds. They're for selling before you even make it inside the show.

Top Bottom