• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Nope. But I have shot a lot of Wolf steel cased ammo out of a lot of different rifles.
    It's decent ammo for a factory offering.
    I had not found any .303 in Wolf when I first bought my Lithgow SMLE, but I did find a bunch of Prvi-Partizan at the time.
    My Enfield seems to like the PPV pretty well so I didn't look much further.

I wouldn't hesitate to try some Wolf in my Enfield, but I might not buy bulk to start.
    I would also assume it to be corrosive unless otherwise noted.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know what would be the diff. but have read model 4 rifle , wolf will key hole . Any luck reloading the 303 ppu ?

I've reloaded PPU. They have great brass for reloading. I got a whole bunch of milsurp HXP Greek 303 from Cheaper than Dirt awhile back for super cheap (like 27 cents a round) and that stuff is also nice for reloading. Even some of the stuff that was sold as "B" grade because it had a little corrosion on the brass cleaned up great in the tumbler.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nope. But I have shot a lot of Wolf steel cased ammo out of a lot of different rifles.
    It's decent ammo for a factory offering.
    I had not found any .303 in Wolf when I first bought my Lithgow SMLE, but I did find a bunch of Prvi-Partizan at the time.
    My Enfield seems to like the PPV pretty well so I didn't look much further.

I wouldn't hesitate to try some Wolf in my Enfield, but I might not buy bulk to start.
    I would also assume it to be corrosive unless otherwise noted.

Wolf is non-corrosive. Berdan primed, but non-corrosive. I've not tried any of their 303 though.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    PPU brass is very good for reloading. I've reloaded numerous PPU in .303 several times over and the brass remains in very good condition. No reason to load hot loads in .303. Just load in the middle range and the brass will last and last. Enjoy!

Top Bottom