• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    For some reason I've been on somewhat of a shotgun kick. What do some of you guys have setup for Home Defense shotguns. I'm looking at putting something together for keeping around the house in a 20ga and just looking for some ideas as to what works and what don't as far as setups go....

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I like a simple HD shotgun. The only add ons I wanted was an extended tube, short LOP stock, flashlight, and maybe a side saddle. No sling, ghost ring sights, bayonets, or breacher muzzle devices needed IMO. Mine looks like this one:

cerakote_remington_870_police_magnum_surefire_618Fa_forend2.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a Rem 870 Wingmaster 12 g with open choke loaded with 00 buck. So that would be 4+1. Should be plenty. I have the P226 with light on the bedside.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Agree with thunderchicken! + I have the standard Mossberg 500, 12 ga, and 2 barrels.(!- 18 1/2 in, 1-28" W/vent rib and ported- adj choke). I also have added and removed a Knoxx Stock with pistol grip, and added a Magpul Stock(has adjustable LOP) after removing the original wood stock(think it is Birch). The Magpul straight stock has a little drop that works well with a little arthritic wrists/hands. Sling option is quick release, and sidesaddle hold 5 rds. Front Forearm is a standard Riot version with a "Mossberg" hand strap attached.
    Works well for me

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Remington 887 NitroMag. Comes ready to accept 7 x 2 3/4" rounds of MilSpec 00 buck and or AP slugs, mix and match as you choose. Will take 3.5" if you want to use that too. Comes stock with a breaching tip...or serves as a really nasty bayonet if you want.

As I type it's on the wall behind me loaded, with a sling bandoleer with 25 back up rounds waiting...just waiting...

That's 7 rounds in the tube...you can +1 if you want.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Formerly... Benelli Nova loaded with #4 buckshot
    Soon to be... mossberg 930 of some flavor (deciding barrel length), or perhaps a beretta 1301

Top Bottom