• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I couldn't be more pleased. Jerry Johnson took about 6 months to do this right. Remington iron sights, custom sporter contour barrel, beautiful bedding, walnut stock, perfect polished bolt handle. It can be fed with GI 5 round stripper clips. Weight is under 7 pounds. I added the Brownells Latigo sling. I could not be happier. Sorry for the crappy picture.

30houhv.jpg

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It is actually an 80 dollar walnut stock that he fitted to the rifle that I got from the clearance page at Brownells. The man is a magician. He changed/fixed the inletting and then glass bedded the receiver.

I got the military rifle in a trade from a Ft Wayne INGO MEMBER a couple of years ago. The original 30.06 barrel was a sewer pipe. Totally gone. Sadly the Wilson military contour 30.06 barrels seem to have dried up and until somebody commits to at least a 100 barrel order, they won't be coming back. Otherwise, I would have restored it to the original Brazilian military configuration. I might still do it if I can acquire a barrel.

Some history here, Brazil sent troops to fight in Italy during WWII alongside the US with their beautiful 30.06 Mauser rifles. It was not long before they were re-equipped with M1 Garand rifles so as to be equal in the supply chain. I think that is why Brazilian Mausers are kind of rare. They were mostly just thrown away.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They did a really nice job with the sporterizing! :yesway: I have one in the original configuration that was one of my first milsurp rifles. I need to get it out to the range again. Been awhile since I've shot it.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have a Brazilian Mauser in 7mm. I believe it is the M1905. The barrel and finish on it are superb. That rifle shoots 1.25-1.5 groups at 100 yards with Prvi ammo
    Can you post a picture of the crest

Top Bottom