• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I have been asked by my MiL to help her sell my late Father in laws firearms. Any resources for properly identifying and valuing an AK 47 would be greatly appreciated. I realize there are many variables that determine value, but I could use a solid jump off point to start.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    A Blue Book of Gun Values would help to identify the specific models. Then use Gunbroker finished auction prices to help with values. A search of WTS ads on INGO can also be helpful. High dollar firearms (greater than 1K) are a tough sell on INGO. Your best price would come at auction. Now, if you're talking a full auto AK, auctions are the only way to get top dollar. Be ready to spend lots of time on research. You could also post pictures here on INGO and ask values. Good luck with your sales.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have been asked by my MiL to help her sell my late Father in laws firearms. Any resources for properly identifying and valuing an AK 47 would be greatly appreciated. I realize there are many variables that determine value, but I could use a solid jump off point to start.
    Is it a true ak-47 full auto? What stampings are on the gun? Pics? We will help thanks

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    It is not full auto so I assume the AK 47 designation is an inaccurate label...my appologies. It is marked as Romanian, but as I am unfamiliar with these I don't know what markings and stamps are important.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Does it have a G on the left side, just below the rear sight? Is the stock wood with a black stripe? There are A LOT of variable even from the same country.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    being Romanian it is likely one of the following, and it will say it on the receiver:

SAR
    ROMAK
    MK-II
    CUR
    WUM
    WASR

there are different varients of each, but those are the main imports.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I should have answered your original question. One year ago I would have paid $620.00 for one. Today, given the political climate, id pay about 550...assuming its in great shape of course.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sorry to hear about the circumstances of you acquiring this rifle.

Would you be so kind to post a couple of pictures of the SAR-1. Granted most would fall in the $500 to $600 range but a picture is worth a thousand guesses. Also, do you still have that ragged box that Century shipped the rifles in, as well as any of the accessories that it came with (sling, cleaning kit, oil bottle, mags)?

Wouldn't mind having another SAR-1 to play with. :)

Top Bottom