• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    First of all, Coach is hawking them over at Parabellum. He has never led me wrong. Buy one from him. :ingo:

That said, don't know what your definition of break the bank is?
    Looks like you'll have well better than a grand invested in the Mech Tech Conversion + Glock + magazines?
    Also that's before you put ANY sights on the conversion or do any enhancements to the Glock lower.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My budget is around $700 plus optics. (probably put a cheap red dot on it as its primarily a range toy and maybe eventually used in the new PCC category in IDPA)

I was looking at a Just Rite, but seeing mixed reviews on them, especially in regards to how clumsy they are to strip. Nobody seems to like the engineering on them.

I'd LOVE a SIG MPX but thats nowhere NEAR my budget.

And I already EDC a glock, and have lots of mags already. So that investment is already made. (and why I'm considering it)

The only thing better would be for the upper to fit both a 19 and a 17 because I was considering buying a dedicated 17 for competition anyway. But they dont. :(

And if I went the 17 route, its still cheaper than one of these:

https://usa.caagearup.com/roni-civilian-pistol-carbine-conversion-c-g2

Kinda fugly, but so is a Glock. :):

And glad to know Parabellum is selling them. Might make it easier to buy.

Yes, the MT is way under that budget. Which means more $$ for reloading supplies, better optics, etc. :rockwoot:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

This is the route I would go. Takes Glock mags and doesn't cost you a partial pistol.

An alternative might be buying an 80% Glock lower from Rainier Arms (or whoever else sells them) and having a dedicated carbine with the Tech Mex. I don't know why, but I just don't like the idea of buying a Glock and then cannibalizing it to make a carbine when I can just have a dedicated carbine for around the same price.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Seen a few at local match. They looked neat and seem to perform well.

I don't dig the idea of using my pistol to run it. I thought they were kind of pricy as well. Never seen a used one on the market.

I have been wanting a PCC fow awhile now. I don't dig Kellys Tech but the Sub2k looks neat and sure is affordable. Every time I have the cash can't find one.

I would like to shoot one before buying. Would have to be Glock mag for me as well. Probably go AR route.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Personally, I dont see the big deal about using my pistol. Its a range toy and it appears to be easy to mount/dismount. Now if I wanted it for a dedicated home defense solution, yes. This would be a problem. My biggest concern would be losing the feed ramp piece.

[video=youtube;INMaq1G3LI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INMaq1G3LI0[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's just something I can't get my head around similar to owning one AR lower and several uppers. I could just never do it when I can have each one a dedicated firearm.

I can go to gunbroker and get a used complete lower for $235 or less in my hands, so its not a huge jump if I decided to dedicate a lower later on. Given availability vs a PSA, Im leaning more and more toward it.

If I could go buy the 9mm PSA locally for a bit more I would.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I contacted them about if they had any plans to do an M&P upper.

They don't. :( Seems to me they're missing out on a ton of customers by not doing that!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I puchased a Mech Tech conversion for the Xdm production pistol that I haven't shot since 2014.
    Mine came with a cheap dot that seems to do the job. I have about 200 rounds thru it with no issues so far.
    It is very accurate out to 25yds.
    I have some 32 round mags on order and I could only find one source. We'll see how that goes.
    If nothing else it will be a good steel challenge gun.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Anybody have any experience with these things? Hickock45 seems to like them.

Looking for a pistol caliber carbine that wont break the bank and preferrably takes Glock mags, and this definitely does both. :):

Mech Tech Systems - The world's most versatile pistol carbine accessory

First I didn't read all the reply's so If I dupe then so be it.

I have had my Mech Tech Glock 40 cal version for about 1.5 years now and Really like it.

It's accurate (Relitive), handles fast, reliable, fun, low recoil, I would not hesitate to buy another but everyone wants to know what is "bad", Well there is not really anything "bad" about it just the way it is.

I first got it and it had a little bit of a feeding problem, I sent it back and they fixed it within a week, They were friendly and helpfull,
    I originally had the AR colapsible stock, Big mistake, it made the gun way too long, A friend has the fixed stock, still too long, I went with the wire stock and LOVE IT. its the way to go.
    I got my for a Glock in 40 cal. So I got some of the cheap $9.99 mags from some website and they are very senstive on overall lenght on your ammo, the 33 round stick really want a flat nose or a HP bullet to feed perfect. So once I figured that out all of my problems went away.

When you have a misfeed the design of the mechtech increases the difficulty in clearing it. It's best to drop the mag clear then re insert.

It's basically a bullpup setup so it's got the one problem you can't fix on Bull pups and that is the mag is too close to you to manipulate well. (I'm clumsy) So If your running Steel plate matches with it make sure your reloads are timed so you don't take a hit on time for the reload. I added an extended Mag release for $5 and it helped out.

If money were no object I would do a premium AR PPC only because the mag changes are what I've already trained for. If you want a short, Light, easy to shoot PPC and have a pistol with mags and such then this is you gun.

I talked to the owner of Mechtech when I bought the upper and he's a great guy to talk to. A+ on the company and people working there

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    have you tried firing it left handed x10? I'm a lefty, and thats a minor concern of mine, especially the telestock version. The ejection port doesnt LOOK too close to my nose, but on any unfamiliar design I have to wonder.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    have you tried firing it left handed x10? I'm a lefty, and thats a minor concern of mine, especially the telestock version. The ejection port doesnt LOOK too close to my nose, but on any unfamiliar design I have to wonder.

I did fire it left handed during a barricade match last year and did not have an issue as I recall, I run a brass catcher and had to take that off (information only), It ejects pretty straight out and horizontal. I was loosing brass, During the left handed shooting I can't remember brass hitting my arm and it was summer so I would have been shooting in short sleeves. My son shot the match also and didn't comment.

If your already used to brass flying in front of your face I don't know that this would be anything new.

You lefty's have to be difficult!!

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I liked mine. But I bought a glock 17 lower to dedicate to that carbine. It was a lot of fun accurate and reliable. It wasn't something I could see myself being willing to use if a life was on the line so I sold it and bought a good ar-15 instead. I am back to looking at 9mm carbines though so the itch has resurfaced unfortunately. Prolly go ar style this time and just build it myself.

Top Bottom