• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Anyone know where I can find a used Mak90 (Type 56) stock set? I don't want to spend ironwood designs money and don't want the thumbhole stock. I know I'm missing something in my search.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Awesomeness, you're missing your awesomeness! Other than that, ironwood is one of the only places I've seen to get Mak furniture?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    On this one I just want to De stupid. I would go Ironwood/combloc customs for the full awesome. Looking for used and cheap. Like my dates.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Used and cheap, then, there's plenty of used and cheap on Washington street, probably some wood too? But since I cannot help, I'll bow out!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    At the auction in Evansville last weekend. There was a stupid amount of mixed AK parts including Chinese forend furniture, a Chinese bakelite side folder with trunion and a couple pristine bayos.

You may not borrow my time machine.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I got an original Type 56 butt stock laying around here somewhere. Never been mounted on a rifle IIRC. I'll see if I can find it. and get back here. I'll also see what else Chinese I got hanging around while I'm at it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Hate to tell you this my friend, but Chinese wood for a 56S is about the same price as Ironwood and possibly even more expensive. With the ban on Chinese AK imports and parts, what is left in the country is getting crazy expensive.

Check PolyTechParts dot com, and possibly gunbroker.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Hate to tell you this my friend, but Chinese wood for a 56S is about the same price as Ironwood and possibly even more expensive. With the ban on Chinese AK imports and parts, what is left in the country is getting crazy expensive.

Saddly i have to agree.. when i converted mine this was my findings as well. I bought IWD havent looked back and i dont believe it cost any/much more to convert to a spiker funiture i believe the spike fsb assembly is $240 last i checked... makes for a beautiful setup

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I got an original Type 56 butt stock laying around here somewhere. Never been mounted on a rifle IIRC. I'll see if I can find it. and get back here. I'll also see what else Chinese I got hanging around while I'm at it.

Thank u for being a champion. You others can learn a lot from Cerberus.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Anyone know where I can find a used Mak90 (Type 56) stock set? I don't want to spend ironwood designs money and don't want the thumbhole stock. I know I'm missing something in my search.

I sold Trigger Time my Mak90 with the dumbchit set on it.
    Mikey found a decent replacement set for about $85 IIRC. Drop him a line for a line on replacements.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I found the Chinese stock. It's an actual type 56 stock and I mean the milled original. It's virgin, never been mounted. Can you use this type? I also have some Bulgarian front end parts that convert milled MAKs into the type 56. Supposedly real close to the Chinese. I might have a cleaning rod too.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

Saddly i have to agree.. when i converted mine this was my findings as well. I bought IWD havent looked back and i dont believe it cost any/much more to convert to a spiker funiture i believe the spike fsb assembly is $240 last i checked... makes for a beautiful setup

These guys know what their talking about. Chinese stuff keeps going up. Your best bet is theakforum and akfiles.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    I see alot on the furniture pages I'm on over at facebook, but be perpared to pay 250 plus. lmk can add you if you like, alot of good stuff. just ordered a nos Russian grip and gas tube cover

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom