• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I've been looking at O/U shotguns recently and the SKB 90tss model seems like a nice option. I'm new to clays and while I know it's not generally excepted by clay shooting enthusiasts to venture far from the Brownings and Berettas of O/U's, I just keep going back to the SKB line. Adjustable comb and butt pad for length of pull, decent entry level finishes on it and customer service looks to be up and up. The price for all the features is good. I could buy a used Citori or Silver Pigeon and still have to customize the stock to get it to fit me making it not as cost effective as the SKB. Especially for someone like me who would only be a casual shooter.

2 Questions...

1.) Anyone here have any experience with the SKB model 90TSS? I'm not really interested in the older SKB's made in Japan (or the Ithaca's), I wish they still were as they seemed well made. I'm just afraid that any problems might be harder to fix, being under new ownership and made in a completely different country.

2.) Anyone here know where a dealer is? I'd like to paw one up to see how they feel in real life. The SKB home page wants my email and phone number etc etc first before they'll cough up any dealer locations. I'm not ready for the inundation of emails just because I'd like look at one. Let me own one first. ;)

Any previous experience would be helpful or knowledge of where to see one in person would be outstanding! Thanks so much!

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Source: Indiana Gun Club in Fishers. I got an SKB there last year. Don't recall the model number; it's been good, but I sure spent enough on it. IGC has recently become a lot more competitive on price for handguns and rifles.

BTW, I was in Lafayette today and saw a CZ Mallard O/U at Four Guns for $475. RK had an ATI O/U for $450. Not up to SKB for fit & finish, but both looked to be decent guns for the money, especially if you're just getting started.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    LP1 thanks for the source tip! I have to be honest, I've not heard of Indiana Gun Club in Fishers. They look to have an impressive selection of O/U's. Looks like a trip down there to nose around is good place to start, they likely could teach me a thing or 12 also. According to their site they do not have a 90tss in stock, I will certainly keep an eye on them though!

I did think about just going for a true entry level O/U like the CZ and ATI you mentioned, among others as well. Ultimately after reading reviews, that didn't quite paint a pretty picture. Those also usually come with 28"bbl's with fixed chokes and tend to be lite weight with little to offer in custom fitting to insure proper fit to my body. I think in the long run I'll be happier with saving $ for a little while longer and going for something that meets more of my requirements. I don't have a lot of guns in the safes, but they are all nice quality ones with great reputations.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom