• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Any thoughts on most value (I'd say "most bang for my Buck"but I think that's been considered a naughty word in another thread) on aftermarket triggers for the 10/22?

I've gotta get ready for the Riley match, you know.

Last edited:

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Depends on your wallet. Personally I think the BX trigger upgrade isn't any better than factory. Ive got 2 Kidd 2 stage triggers and while they are probably the most expensive option, I personally feel they are still the best value. There are a huge variety of aftermarket options at all different price points, best of luck on your search as you will likely get 50 different answers.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I like the Ruger BX trigger upgrade. Under $60 and a true drop in. I think it's much better than factory.

Some can recommend the parts to modify your stock trigger with good success. They'll chime in here too.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Shoot it a bunch and it will smooth out. In addition, you get the added bonus of perfecting your marksmanship.

My brother still has the same one as when we were little boys. It has just shy of a bazillion rounds thru it and while the trigger may have smoothed a bit, it's not even close to what I'm after.

That brimstone looks to be s good deal. Very fast turn around, also.

I was really debating on the BX trigger when starting this thread

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I have not tried the BX in a rifle yet. Just in the package off the shelf. I hear it's better than stock, though not what a rifleman would call a "good" trigger.

I've owned several Kidd 2 stage that were swell, and my spouse uses one of their single stage units. If you have a plastic trigger group, there single stage kit from Kidd is a pretty good option. Metal trigger housings have proven inconsistent in their tolerances and they've had some fitment problems. Most work, some don't.
    Brimstone does good work and he'll stand behind it.

Power Custom trigger packs work pretty well, though they have gotten prey pricey last time I looked.

I've never liked the look of the Volquartsen triggers so I've never tried one. Can't help you compare that one. Plenty of instruction available on RFC if you want to attempt your own.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I bought a used 10/22 with the Brimstone tier 2 already done. Great smooth trigger. I had some questions and send Brimstone an email. They responded the same day answering my questions and actually took a trigger group apart to find an answer for me. Great trigger and support.

I got a co-worker that is a real believer in the BX trigger although he has 2 and one is smoother/lighter than the other.

Tim

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Clark Custom Drop In Kit, what I have far better than the Ruger BX. I have a Ruger 10/22 I got for my 15th Birthday (~45 years ago), shot tons of ammo, installed this Kit and night and day difference. I don't know if a 10/22 really smooths out based on my experience.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had the Brimstone Tier 2 done on mine with a mag release he puts in that you pull the lever to release the mag. I do like the trigger but contrary to all the good press you hear about Brimstone, it didn't go completely well for me.

It's too hard for me to try to explain but I had difficulties with the group due to the modified mag release. I had to do some mods to it even to get the trigger to work. And when I tried to talk to them at Brimstone, I didn't get much of a response. I certainly didn't get any offer to help me correct the issue.

Like I said, I am happy with the trigger feel, but probably would not use him again at this point. I am probably one in a 1000 though so don't shy away from them because of me.:)

If I was to do it again, I would look at Clark Custom.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Heck if it's the Long Range Silhouette may be better off with a Bolt Gun vs. swapping out all those 10/22 Mags :cool:

This is very true. I will know today how this is going to work out. I was prepared to shoot yesterday but upon inspecting the rifle before leaving the house I noticed my reticle had broken. The top the wires were still intact but the bottom wire had separated from the cross. I'll be trying out the vortex warranty as soon as I make a trip to mail it off.

I've got rimfire bolt guns but not in 22lr. I am trying to be stingy because I'm saving for class 3 stuff. Slightly limited income.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I seriously want to give it a go with my CZ-452 KVM Iron Sights ... but these old eyes ... maybe a pipe dream. I was able to successfully shim both my 10/22 and Savage Bolt, don't know which one I will use. Hope to see you at the event, I'll be the old fart.

Top Bottom