• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitemamba91

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    South Bend
    so after looking at ak yugo rail for probably about a year i finally made my mind up and ordered the midwest gen 2 and while i was there i picked up their two chamber brake and at $39 it seemed like a steal. so after disassembling everything i put the brake on and this is where the only problem i had all day arrived......because im an idiot. i sat there for 5 min trying to take the slant off before remembering it is left hand threads lol.

first and foremost to install the extended version you have to cut the sling loop off (sorry purist) but once you get over that its smooth sailing. cut slingloop2.jpg after cutting grinding and polishing it to make it look factory i dabbed a little bit of superblue on the loop along with the places i slipped and knicked the sight block. came out better than new cut sling loop 2.jpg . theres a small plastic piece that slides into the receiver to keep the handguard from rotating. midwest sends it too big on purpose so u can fit it to your ak. a little time with a micrometer and a handfile and it slid right in. the new rail mounts to the barrel and once you use the supplied loctite its very sturdy. also comes with a new gas tube that is incredible has three small drain holes drilled into the bottom and even tho there are set screws that put pressure upward on it mine fit verrrrry tight without them. i installed them just to be safe but really was just overkill. i put the top rail on which i chose the optic specific with the t1 mount. still waiting on my holosun to arrive (hopefully tomorrow).

all in all i am very happy with this rail. fit and finish this is hands down the best quality rail ive ever had experience with. to top it off midwest industries customer service has locked me in as a return customer. with the package they sent their sticker like everyone does but also included a really nice mouse pad/pistol pad. very nice packaging and what made it better was the free shipping and how fast it got here. i ordered everything late saturday night and hand my hands on it tuesday by noon. if youre thinking about midwest ak rails just order them now lol. ak finished.jpg ak top.jpg ak finished 2.jpg midwestbrake.jpg

Attachments

• cut slingloop.jpg
      cut slingloop.jpg
      66.3 KB · Views: 6
    Top Bottom