I am diving into the AR 15 pool by assembling my first.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have shot AR 15 rifles but never owned one. Decided it is time to get with the program. I bought a SAA BA-15 billet receiver and the components to complete a lower. Planning on visiting US Defense Solutions looking a complete upper or parts to assemble one. Probably 16" barrel in 5.56mm. My primary purpose is range practise and home defense.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Trust me when I say your next purchase needs to be a bigger safe! AR's are like [strike]potato chips[/strike] :popcorn:, you can't have just one! Eventually you'll have a long range one, a CQC style SBR (and don't forget the suppressor!), a Carbine length one then you'll start over in .300blk! Plus add in .308 and 6.5 Creedmor and you're looking at a lot of real estate inside a safe.
    Dan

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    Next thing ya know.....in the AR pistol market. AR's are a lot like Harley's....always more parts on the wish list.

FamilyProtectR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Bloomington
    Trust me when I say your next purchase needs to be a bigger safe! AR's are like [strike]potato chips[/strike] :popcorn:, you can't have just one! Eventually you'll have a long range one, a CQC style SBR (and don't forget the suppressor!), a Carbine length one then you'll start over in .300blk! Plus add in .308 and 6.5 Creedmor and you're looking at a lot of real estate inside a safe.
    Dan

Wow. You nailed me on this one. But I built my long range, carbine, and 300blk all at once for my joint-first-builds. I'm afraid to think how much I'm going to spend on this addiction over time!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Welcome to EBR sickness. Decades playing with things and just went through a major tear down, parts swap, reassemble and build.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    As long as you end up with a part or parts left over from extras or upgrades, and I don't care if it's just a selector detent, you will build another firearm. Be careful.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I have only one thing to say. Do a 6.5 Grendel. It is a much better round for everything from hunting to self defence to long range shooting. Now that is something to think about for your next build. There will be an next build. I just gave you an honest reason to do one.

Top Bottom