• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I watched the video. It looks like a well made rifle. My only question.... If they spent so much time and effort making a great 9mm AR why does Freedom Ordnance only give a 1 year warranty?
    I will wait for the reviews to start showing up. I am hopeful though

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Thank you for the post. I will let you know how it does. Have a kel tec sub 2000 gen 2 I love it. I have tricked it out with mcarbo. It is fun to shoot in steel matches and carbine matches. Was thinking about a CZ scorpion carbine but liked this.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I watched the video. It looks like a well made rifle. My only question.... If they spent so much time and effort making a great 9mm AR why does Freedom Ordnance only give a 1 year warranty?
    I will wait for the reviews to start showing up. I am hopeful though

I'm with you on both points. It would be nice to have another 9mm AR but I'm willing to wait on reviews and it spending some time out in the wild.
    Dan

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    NOW you tell me. :):

Im literally sitting down after putting the newly assembled PSA AR-9 away.

Thanks again Nippr! Cant wait to take it to my buddys tomorrow and wring it out.

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    If it functions well, uses glock mags and is half as accurate as the one I built they are a blast! I will admit They are a little expensive and time consuming = buying bullets and time at the reloading bench.

I have more than 3.5 K through mine. I built it out of all New Frontier Armory parts. The only issue I have had was a broken firing pin after about 300 rounds. I ordered a new one and a spare from CCMG and have not had a problem since.

I like it so much I took it to NALCO Gunsmithing and had the receiver blackened and engraved.

20160502_190333.jpg

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    This one has my interest up as well. It would definitely look better shooting the new 33rd mags I picked up the other day than my G17 does. ;)
    Hopefully there will be some other reviews posted in the very near future.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Will it take barrels from other manufacturers? I would like to deck one out with the DOLOS take down kit and a folding stock, short pistol length barrel and suppressor. I am probably going to do that with my 300 but the allure of cheaper easy to reload ammo is pulling me in the 9mm direction.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Im also very curious to hear reviews after a few thousand rounds. Id love to add something like this for PCC class, but the JRs, Mag Tactical, Thureon and others in a similar price range all got good reviews when they came out, then guys shot them for a while and most had problems. Im curious to see if its smarter to spend the $1800 for a JP and know its going to run, or if one of these $600-$800 models have the longevity that a competition shooter will require.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I don't shoot in events any more. I still want something that will last over the long hall. So for the most part I build what I want and I can't build a 9mm for that sort of money.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    how about some info on freedom ordnance

1 they are in Indiana
    2 they are a class 3 sot (he has a full auto fn 249, he said it's really easy to convert it!)
    3 they used to be alliance armament (alliance was sold to mag tactical, and mag missed a few payments, and they left and started freedom ordnance)
    4 they are taking the batfe to court (I know why, but I don't know if I should elaborate on it in a public forum, but lets just say, you'd like why!)
    5 they make a 9mm belt fed upper for ar 15's , I have a friend that owns one, he was having a problem with it, and my friend drove to the factory and they worked on it while he waited!
    6 they have gun smithed some class 3 items for a good friend of mine
    7 it's a veteran owned company (once a marine, always a marine)

they are super nice guys! I was at the range on 7.2.16, I met a few friends there to do some shooting, and a church was using the ranges playground/shelter for a July 4th cookout, quite a few times he walked up to us and asked if we were hungry or thirsty, and said we were more than welcome to join them for food! after the picnic he cleaned up the mess (more than some club members do!) and overheard me talking about class 3 items to my friends, and asked if we wanted to shoot his sterling (full auto), 2 days after that my friend had purchased their belt fed upper, and started looking for a sterling!

as for the 1 year warranty, a lot of gun manufactures only have a 1 year warranty

but in my opinion freedom is gtg!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    If it functions well, uses glock mags and is half as accurate as the one I built they are a blast! I will admit They are a little expensive and time consuming = buying bullets and time at the reloading bench.

I have more than 3.5 K through mine. I built it out of all New Frontier Armory parts. The only issue I have had was a broken firing pin after about 300 rounds. I ordered a new one and a spare from CCMG and have not had a problem since.

I like it so much I took it to NALCO Gunsmithing and had the receiver blackened and engraved.

20160502_190333.jpg

Shot my NFA C9 today at 100 yards with 1/3 size IPSC Steel. No problems ringing it repeatedly. Had a red dot that was zero'd for 50 yards. Small amount of holdover and no problems. Mine has an 8" barrel and a brake.
    Dan

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I was looking for a host carbine for when my 9mm suppressor gets out of jail. I decided to get the Freedom Ordnance FX-9. It comes with a 33 round SMG (Korean) magazine. The flash hider is threaded 1/2" x 28, so my suppressor should fit. I bought 3 more Korean mags. from CDNN. When loading the SMG mag. with my Uplula last night, I just about had it topped off and it slipped off my table and fell about 3 ft. to the rug on a concrete floor. The magazine came apart. I retrieved the parts. The spring looked a little flimsy and distorted. I put it back together and topped off the magazine. I mounted a TruGlo "Tru Brite" dual color, multi reticle dot scope. It wouldn't be my first choice if I were going to war, but I had a new one sitting in the safe. I disassembled the carbine and cleaned it, paying attention to the chamber and barrel. It had obviously been test fired. I took the carbine to American Shooters today in Clarksville. The first group on a B-27 silhouette (off hand) at 25 yards was to the right in the 10 ring. After some sight adjustments, the rounds were touching at 25 yards, dead center, while standing unsupported. I then did some 1 second face/ 3 seconds away drills. The (self-disassembling) SGM magazine fed flawlessly, as did the other Korean mag. I shot. The empties really get powerfully ejected! I only fired 66 rounds today. The trigger weighed pretty consistently at 7 lbs. 1 oz. and had a lot of creep. There were no malfunctions with my reloads of 115 gr. Hornady FMJ bullets, Starline brass Remington 1 1/2 primers and 6.2 grains of Power Pistol. I think this carbine would be accurate out to 50 yards and maybe beyond. It appears well made. I let a southpaw shoot it, and he wasn't crazy about the way it handled. I think the right side powerful ejection might have had something to do with that. For a rightie, like me, it is fine. The only complaint I have is that the slide release is very long and when sitting the empty carbine on the bench on it's left side, the bolt closes, unless you prop the barrel on a cartridge box, etc. BTW, I have a couple of Glock mags. inbound. I just don't trust that SMG mag. except for range use. I didn't shoot it enough to really find out how it holds up, but my first impression is it is of high quality and won't break down.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    [video=youtube;y0BF0MkyqA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0BF0MkyqA8[/video]
    Thanks for posting the video. It looks like reliability and durability are tops. I do wish he'd shot some paper groups at 50 and 75 yards to see how the accuracy is at those ranges. I'll be doing that in the future. I failed to use gloves and wear body armor during my shooting session. I need to get more tactical.:):

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    I too am looking this way... my LGS has 1 FX-9 in stock (at least it was)... Just not quite sure about the "reduced size" components. The charging handle is smaller (proprietary?), the trigger group had problems early on (its still new BTW)... BUT the proce is right and takes "G" mags.

Top Bottom