So, I've got the bug again...saving for a new rifle.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ruger® Mini-14® Tactical Rifle Autoloading Rifle Models

I really like the Mini-14. Like, a lot. I have my reasons...mostly a-team reasons.

Don't judge.

Seriously, though...what to you guys think about this as a suppressor host? I've never gone the NFA route, and I think this rife, equipped with an Aimpoint PRO and a suppressor would be alright, alright, alright.

...it's probably for the best that I haven't seen one of these at any of my LGSs...I have the weakness.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I had one a few years back, mostly for the same reasons. I moved it fairly quickly as I enjoyed the ar platform much more. I tried to like it, just couldn't!

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have heard that they have fixed the original accuracy issues, can not wait for your report.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So many guns I like, so little money I possess. I could see myself buying a mini. And yes, once the bug's bitten, succumbing to scratching that itch is only a matter of time. :D

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I like it! In a sea of ARs, it will stand out. Like Blue Falcon said though, I would love to see if they fixed their accuracy problems.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My brother likes them a lot I think he has 2 or 3 of them. Ive shot them but just never could get myself to buy one of my own. However they are nice and reliable with the Ruger mags...

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Looks like a baby M1A. I like it.

Well, it'll fit right in then. ;)

DJJ_5989w_zps54b2ed5d.jpg

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I like mine. It's not threaded for a suppressor though. I need to take care of that!
    Dan

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ruger® Mini-14® Tactical Rifle Autoloading Rifle Models

I really like the Mini-14. Like, a lot. I have my reasons...mostly a-team reasons.

Don't judge.

Seriously, though...what to you guys think about this as a suppressor host? I've never gone the NFA route, and I think this rife, equipped with an Aimpoint PRO and a suppressor would be alright, alright, alright.

...it's probably for the best that I haven't seen one of these at any of my LGSs...I have the weakness.

I have to admit I haven't really looked at it. But now I have, it Kinda reminds me of the Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM 16. The price has just made it a low priority, especially since I usually spend my "gun" money on pistols. But I have to admit that mini-14 deserves a closer look.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I have one and I like it. My only complaints are that mags are still expensive & the rifle is too compared to an AR. It doesn't look like an evil rifle though.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I've had several and they are good solid guns. For NFA use, check out the video that TFB did on the mini-14 in 300 blackout.

Link?
    I was just comming back to say I might consider one if they came in 300 Blackout.

Top Bottom