• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    After previous help from members I had narrowed down my list on what my next .30cal addition would be... I really liked the Savage 10 fcp-sr. After researching them I knew I wanted one in their original release configuration, only to find that they never hit the market and are gone quick when they do... I had accepted my fate that I would probably end up with one in its current configuration. Like most of us, I browse here, Armslist, and CL for deals regularly. I have on occasion sent messages to the vague posts on CL to see what is being offered. I had texted a gentleman a while back and while he was selling some nice stuff, nothing of interest to me.... Fast forward two weeks, and I get a random text from him asking if I was interested in an Savage 10 fcp-sr.... This is the pic he sends!

I geek out, and couldn't believe it... My wife could tell, "no" wasn't an option on this deal. I was nervous for three days until we could meet afraid it'd be sold out from underneath me. It wasn't and I brought it home. My wife's uncle was excited for me as well, when he joined his departments SWAT team as their precision shooter it was his first rifle.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Very nice! Those really have become unicorns. I would have gone with one instead of my Rem 700 but I could only find the new ones, which aren't even in the same category IMO.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Very nice rifle! Ive never owned a savage, but have a few friends that swear by them. I think the prefit aftermarket barrels are a huge PRO of owning a savage. Down the line if you want accuracy improvements, i would look into purchasing one of those. Congrats, and as everyone else has stated lets see some pictures of it with your optics choice and bipod. Cheers.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Very nice looking rifle. I have only owned a couple of savage rimfire rifles, never a center fire. From what I have heard from people that have owned Savage rifles they are very pleased with the excellent value and superb accuracy.

Dss21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Very nice! Those really have become unicorns. I would have gone with one instead of my Rem 700 but I could only find the new ones, which aren't even in the same category IMO.
    I have been considering buying a FCP-SR. What is difference between these older models and what Savage is selling now?

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    The Gen 1 has the camo accustock, Accurate-Mag bottom metal that accepts AICS style magazines, and a 20moa scope base are the biggest differences that come to mind.

Top Bottom