So I made a bit of an impulse purchase today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    17862281_1948123855213880_6969307709074825936_n.jpg

I believe the saying is "go big or go home" LOL! Looking forward to breaking her in! Would love to hear opinions on a 1-4x or 1-6x scope.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Holy smokes, you really did go big! I've been very pleased with my Burris MTAC 1-4, which has BDC marks for 5.56 drop, and a Circle for CQB stuff. Just make sure if you get a 1-anything scope that it runs down to a true 1x power.

Less expensive scopes say 1-6 or 1-4 but may really only go down to 1.2. No big deal on the range, but try clearing a shoot house while looking through a scope that ever-so-slightly magnifies everything. No bueno.

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    You know, I never did like the ACOG. Not saying it's a bad optic at all. Just never liked it

Agreed. I've used an ACOG before and while I found the glass to be fantastic, the fixed 4x power (in that case); didn't do a lot for me. I think I'd prefer a variable optic in this case.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That is one hell of an impulse buy! Gorgeous rifle the 308 is the one that always appealed to me for some reason. As for a variable optic scope IMHO the new Trijicon Accupower 1-8 is perfect on a 308. I just got mine in yesterday and spent the evening sweeping my house with it and the wider than normal tube (34mm tube) and the reticle design made close in work easy. In the thread I osted some pictures and whatnot but this could make a good choice.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/430141-new-trijicon-accupower-1-8-a.html

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm using a strike eagle with an American defense mount

Depending on your budget I really want the vortex razor 1-6

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Agreed. I've used an ACOG before and while I found the glass to be fantastic, the fixed 4x power (in that case); didn't do a lot for me. I think I'd prefer a variable optic in this case.

As was already mentioned, Trijicon makes several variable versions of their ACOG - https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=ACOG
    Just bring plenty of money, but considering the platform you have, money must not be nearly the constraint that it is with most folks.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Congrats on the Scar Heavy. I ended up selling mine last year to work on another project. Wish I would have kept it! I'm following Dean Crail's thread about the 1-8 Trijicon Accupower. I think it would be a perfect pair for that 7.62!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    What .308/7.62 semi auto do you think far more worthy? Sr-25? Ar-10?

Not that I have any experience with the SCAR or AR-10, but how about an M1A or its big brother, something which I do have personal experience with: M14?

Top Bottom