• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I been wanting a single stage trigger for one of my AR for a while and been looking at abundant variety that is out there, I like the flat shoe on one of my handguns so I wanted to give a try on an AR. There is a few places that were having a sale on Geissele trigger and besides been on sale I had a code so I think a got a good deal on a great trigger.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    You did good on the price then. Single stage triggers are like asparagus, either you like them or you don't. Usually no in between

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I actually was looking late last night for the same trigger from Geissele, as I am a fan of the single stage triggers as well. Primary Arms had them on sale, but were sold out. Found them at Brownells for sale as well for $189 with free shipping I believe. Where'd you score yours at?

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    You did good on the price then. Single stage triggers are like asparagus, either you like them or you don't. Usually no in between

I like single stage triggers when engaging targets at close distances (mostly the shooting I do), I had a Geissle super V a long time ago and really like it so basically the same trigger just with a curved shoe instead.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I actually was looking late last night for the same trigger from Geissele, as I am a fan of the single stage triggers as well. Primary Arms had them on sale, but were sold out. Found them at Brownells for sale as well for $189 with free shipping I believe. Where'd you score yours at?

I got mine at Brownells, mrgunsandgear posted on Facebook a code N4K for $10.00 and free shipping that is how I got mine.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I like single stage triggers when engaging targets at close distances (mostly the shooting I do), I had a Geissle super V a long time ago and really like it so basically the same trigger just with a curved shoe instead.

I'm a big fan of 3#/4# single stage triggers. All my ARs have single stages except 1 which has a G SSA-E

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Personaly I do not care for the way Geissele does a single stage trigger too much take up and over travel. If they are going to do a single stage it has to be as good as a 1911 or they might as well not do it at all. The best single stage trigger I have found is the Elftman Tactical drop in units, they give my Wilson Combat triggers a run for their money.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Personaly I do not care for the way Geissele does a single stage trigger too much take up and over travel. If they are going to do a single stage it has to be as good as a 1911 or they might as well not do it at all. The best single stage trigger I have found is the Elftman Tactical drop in units, they give my Wilson Combat triggers a run for their money.

I would like to try a Elftman as they seem to be top quality triggers, I like the fact that are adjustable but unfortunately for me the price is out of reach for me.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I would like to try a Elftman as they seem to be top quality triggers, I like the fact that are adjustable but unfortunately for me the price is out of reach for me.

If you are ever around Tims Shooting Academy let me know, I will let you shoot my ELF trigger. I have a Geissele Super 3 Gun single stage unit in a DD rifle and the ELF blows it away.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have the SD-3g in my DDM4. I think one would have to be quite the trigger snob to have much in the way of complaints. I personally don't mind the 0.2mm of takeup and overtravel, because the trigger delivers something far more important than zero takeup or overtravel: it has exactly ZERO wall at all that I can tell. Geissele claims it has a slight bump (almost like phantom, 2nd stage) but I can't feel it.

Why is this important? The "rolling break" prevents MAKING the trigger fire vs ALLOWING it to fire.

I find the flat shoe to be incredible. The experience with this trigger is causing me to pursue flat triggers on other firearms.

I also find the combination and speed and accuracy with this trigger to be fantastic. There might be faster-- somewhere-- but I don't think accuracy AND speed are combined much better than this.

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    Great trigger. I own 3 of them. I am just starting to put two stage triggers in my rifles but still prefer the single-stage

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have the SD-3g in my DDM4. I think one would have to be quite the trigger snob to have much in the way of complaints. I personally don't mind the 0.2mm of takeup and overtravel, because the trigger delivers something far more important than zero takeup or overtravel: it has exactly ZERO wall at all that I can tell. Geissele claims it has a slight bump (almost like phantom, 2nd stage) but I can't feel it.

Why is this important? The "rolling break" prevents MAKING the trigger fire vs ALLOWING it to fire.

I find the flat shoe to be incredible. The experience with this trigger is causing me to pursue flat triggers on other firearms.

I also find the combination and speed and accuracy with this trigger to be fantastic. There might be faster-- somewhere-- but I don't think accuracy AND speed are combined much better than this.

This was/is my issue with the Geissele 3G series. I have several AR's with SSA-E's in them, and I decided to try the curved S3G trigger. It's lack of "wall" combined with my muscle memory/training/expectation caused me to to have what could almost be called ND's on a regular basis... the rifle would be pointed in a safe direction and nearly on target, but when I would try to stage the trigger it would fire before I was ready or expecting it. It's a VERY good trigger, but it's also VERY different than the two stage that I expect when I pick up one of my AR's. I decided I'd have to replace all my SSA-E's to truly take advantage of it, and I wasn't willing to do that. This isn't a criticism of the 3G series, just a heads up for those who've never tried one... especially if you have multiple AR's that you're already familiar with.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    This was/is my issue with the Geissele 3G series. I have several AR's with SSA-E's in them, and I decided to try the curved S3G trigger. It's lack of "wall" combined with my muscle memory/training/expectation caused me to to have what could almost be called ND's on a regular basis... the rifle would be pointed in a safe direction and nearly on target, but when I would try to stage the trigger it would fire before I was ready or expecting it. It's a VERY good trigger, but it's also VERY different than the two stage that I expect when I pick up one of my AR's. I decided I'd have to replace all my SSA-E's to truly take advantage of it, and I wasn't willing to do that. This isn't a criticism of the 3G series, just a heads up for those who've never tried one... especially if you have multiple AR's that you're already familiar with.

Ran a couple mags today and I can confirm this^^.

The SD-3g almost feels a little out of control. It's like riding a super fast horse that is easily spooked. It's capable of amazing performance IF you can keep it under control.

I was considering selling mine and going to an ELF trigger, but after shooting today, I realize the trigger is not holding me back, it's far more capable than I am.

Top Bottom