• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I recently purchased a used 700 that is effected by the recall and have already filled out all the information on Remington's website to send it in for repair. Has anyone else sent one in recently? What kind of turn around time was it?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I had several 700s that were affected by the recall, but I was very reluctant to send them back to the factory not only because of the time delay, but also because like most of the other gun nuts around here, I don't like the idea of strangers handling my guns and the possibility of getting it back with a scratch on it. Plus all of my 700s have optics on them, and I didn't want to have to remove the scopes from any of my rifles, sight them in all over again when I got them back, etc...

So even though Remington offered to fix it on their own dime, I just decided to do my own. It's a relatively easy job to replace a 700 trigger. On only one (maybe two) of my rifles did it take a little finesse because I had to slightly enlarge the trigger opening in the stock, but very easy with a Dremel tool, just be careful and take your time.

It's not like I ever experienced a problem with any of my 700 triggers, chances are you never will, but of course, why take chances. I gradually replaced the triggers on all of them, six total. It cost me a little more, but I ended up with a better trigger. But that's just me....

https://www.timneytriggers.com/shop/timney-remington-700-replacement-trigger.aspx

Top Bottom