Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It is a buyers market right now for sure. I have noticed gun sales slumping since the election. A lot of gun owners have gotten a more relaxed attitude about buying guns and ammo. There have been some decent deals as of late. The AR market is so heavily saturated you almost can't give one away.

I notice a lot of WTS/WTT ads stating NO AR's or Glocks as trade items.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have been interested in their XDS and freedom rifle combo deal for a few days now ($800). My brother is trying to sell me his Anderson Arm's AA15 for only $450. Buying that and an XDS seperatley puts me a similar price. Does anyone have experience with either of those rifles to know which would be better?

I just plan to do some occaisional plinking and move into a smaller everyday carry gun for the summer. It just seems like to good of a deal to pass up.

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    I have been interested in their XDS and freedom rifle combo deal for a few days now ($800). My brother is trying to sell me his Anderson Arm's AA15 for only $450. Buying that and an XDS seperatley puts me a similar price. Does anyone have experience with either of those rifles to know which would be better?

I just plan to do some occaisional plinking and move into a smaller everyday carry gun for the summer. It just seems like to good of a deal to pass up.

I don't have any experience with the PSA combo, but I'm right there with you. I've been eyeballing that deal for several days now and I'm honestly surprised I haven't just gone ahead and jumped on it.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Two weeks ago, I was able to get 3 complete uppers with bcg and charging handle for $135 each shipped from Midway USA by stacking a discount on a sale price.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Starting to get PSA emails for complete uppers (with BCG) in the $250 range. Not as good a deal as the Midway one referenced above, but if you have lowers and want a spare or one for the kids, the time is now.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Hmm interesting now its so cheap I would like to build a clone M16a1 or m16a2 build. It would be interesting to run a 2 gun match with some old surplus gear, and also just to have a serviceable AR around if SHTF.

IDK Im not usually an AR guy but I like the idea of a really light and in the case of the a1 clone vintage looking 20 inch AR.

In terms of just the engineering I think it was a mistake to go to the 14.5 inch guns and the SBRs

Last edited:

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Hmm interesting now its so cheap I would like to build a clone M16a1 or m16a2 build. It would be interesting to run a 2 gun match with some old surplus gear, and also just to have a serviceable AR around if SHTF.

IDK Im not usually an AR guy but I like the idea of a really light and in the case of the a1 clone vintage looking 20 inch AR.

In terms of just the engineering I think it was a mistake to go to the 14.5 inch guns and the SBRs

Yeah being able to easily maneuver around corners is such a drag.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Yeah being able to easily maneuver around corners is such a drag.

Like I said, Engineering, like in terms of interior and exterior ballistics, wear on the gun, powder burn, back pressure etc etc. The shorter you make a DI gun harder it is on the components. Not to mention that 5.56 is really optimized for a 20 inch barrel and combine that with semi AP m855 and you have a less then ideal gun/ammo combination. And then to increase performance the US military came out with m855a1 which is even more high pressure and combine that with a carbine length gas system and its just really hard on the gun.

Now a 14.5 inch gun is easier to maneuver but that is something that is more to do with use and tactics, not the engineering-technical side of the gun. Truth be told to get a short 5.56 gun for Urban warfare the Isrealis got it right, using a bullpup with an 18 inch barrel as well as staying with m193 from what I gather.

And truth be told if we wanted to go to a 14.5 inch barrel and do it right, we should of gone to a larger caliber round and also to a short stroke piston design. Also it seems that the Russians really got it right with the AK-74 and 7n6 from an engineering standpoint with a round built from the ground up for the gun and good ballistics and terminal performance.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom