• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Yes! I've been looking for an aftermarket mag system for a while. The American mags are cheapo and the stock isn't much better. This just went to the top of the list.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Definitely a good business step for magpul, and certainly better than their decision to branch out into casual/tactical clothing. Makes me wonder which platform they will take on next? Savage? Tikka?

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    This is a big plus for budget level 1000yd guns. The ruger american could get it done with the factory stock, but i would expect to see significant improvements in accuracy with the magpul stock over the flimsy factory stock.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Why go Ruger American first, and not Savage centerfeed SA???

My thoughts also, for the life of me I don't know why they haven't done a Savage 10 SA yet... Only thing I can figure is that more people might me more apt to buy the Magpul stock since the initial invest of the Ruger is less...:dunno:

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I don't have actual numbers but I can't believe that Savage is selling more rifles than Ruger right now. The last few years, Ruger has been killing it as a company. No debt, tons of cash and building new plants just to keep up with demand. The 700 was the obvious first choice because there's a bazillion out there and everyone knows the rifle. I thought the American was the obvious second choice. Much more airtime given to that rifle than anything else out there. So, Magpul is smart since Ruger is marketing their rifle so hard, it helps Magpul. I would envision Ruger selling an American with the Magpul stock already on it within a year.

It isn't a Browning, or a Kimber, or whatever. But, it's got to be one of the best selling rifles in the US right now. It hits the exact price point of what the average semi-gun guy is looking for when he is looking to get into a rifle.

SpartanHD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    West Lafayette
    I have another thread asking about a ruger American rifle. The fact that aftermarket support is growing I will probably snatch it up. I think the. We setup looks great and I might need to get a stamp for a can. Add a decent night vision optic and I can hunt varmit without anyone knowing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dammit. I want this for the Remington 783. :( They make stocks for the 700, so maybe its on the way.....? Maybe.....?

Top Bottom