• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I saw back in January 2017 that Henry had announced the release of a new model Big Boy Steel in both .41mag and .327fed/mag.
    I immediately went looking for the .327 model, only to learn they weren't due to ship until March 2017.
    O.K. no problem.

I contacted Henry customer service asking about a more specific date timeline than March, because I wanted to get one as soon as they were released.
    I was told to email the company president, Mr. Anthony Imperata, and let him know which rifle I wanted and my FFL's info.
    Done.
    Mr. Imperata emailed me back to say they would drop-ship my rifle factory direct, to my FFL to insure I received the one I wanted.

I gave my FFL a deposit of roughly 80% of retail just to make sure.

Next thing I know the website is changed, now to read, .41mag and .327fed/mag shipping April 2017.
    I emailed customer service again asking about ship dates. This time I was told likely shipping late April.

Now the website has been changed again. Now it reads shipping LATE May.

This is getting to be ridiculous.
    Are there quality control issues? Are there production problems? Shipping problems?

I don't mind waiting for a good thing, but these repeated delays are making me anxious.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Odds are it's unexpected delays. Could be an issue was found late in the game or maybe an error in the production line.

The joys of estimated dates, pesky things are hard to pin down. :D

Hang tight, it's not fun but the end is worth it.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Production delays are common. Any number of unexpected things can cause something to take longer to be released. They have quite a few different things coming out soon and I suspect they are extremely busy. For some reason I like the 410 shotgun... and I'm, not a shotgun person at all.

I'm not normally very patient. That's why I try not to jump on the pre-order bandwagon for new products.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If it's anything like where I work, some boss tried to impress someone, who ran with the information. And in the background, there's a bunch of workers saying, "Not gonna happen."
    They'll list the problems with the due date.
    The boss will tell them that they're making him look bad.
    The workers will tell the boss that he's making himself look bad.
    The due date will be missed.
    The boss will blame the workers.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    If it's anything like where I work, some boss tried to impress someone, who ran with the information. And in the background, there's a bunch of workers saying, "Not gonna happen."

So Universally True.....LOL:yesway:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    OP, I hate it for you, but Henry is a good company. They'll take care of you. Just don't get into Sigs. They'll spill the beans on a sweet new item, wait a year, make 5 of them, wait some more, make 50, recall them, then a few months later you'll be able to find it. These are the vagaries of production and marketing. It's hard to get them both right every time.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The company, that I used to work for, would set a date for an upgrade,

and with little or no testing, send us techs, out to upgrade the machines,

sometimes, we would not even be done, with the original upgrade,

when problems would occur, and back we go, with another upgrade .....

Just an example, not meant to threadjack .....

Please continue .....

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I saw back in January 2017 that Henry had announced the release of a new model Big Boy Steel in both .41mag and .327fed/mag.
    I immediately went looking for the .327 model, only to learn they weren't due to ship until March 2017.
    O.K. no problem.

I contacted Henry customer service asking about a more specific date timeline than March, because I wanted to get one as soon as they were released.
    I was told to email the company president, Mr. Anthony Imperata, and let him know which rifle I wanted and my FFL's info.
    Done.
    Mr. Imperata emailed me back to say they would drop-ship my rifle factory direct, to my FFL to insure I received the one I wanted.

I gave my FFL a deposit of roughly 80% of retail just to make sure.

Next thing I know the website is changed, now to read, .41mag and .327fed/mag shipping April 2017.
    I emailed customer service again asking about ship dates. This time I was told likely shipping late April.

Now the website has been changed again. Now it reads shipping LATE May.

This is getting to be ridiculous.
    Are there quality control issues? Are there production problems? Shipping problems?

I don't mind waiting for a good thing, but these repeated delays are making me anxious.
    Unexpected delays. I would hope production delays, not design issues (they should have the design thoroughly run through the wringer before releasing a ship date on new products). That being said, if it is a design problem found late in the process it's much better to fix it before shipping them. Regarding production, there are just tons of things outside of their control that can cause delays. Maybe because they're running full-tilt production they are setting up new machines for that particular model and the vendor for that machine is the one missing the date. Or bad batch of materials so they are waiting on a new shipment of material etc.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

:laugh:

This is very true. It's been a long time since I worked for a business like that.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    CMP offered a special run of lefty Savage Mark II .22 rifles for youth shooting groups last November. Still waiting. I've called several times, they have a plant in Canada that was responsible for something and dropped the ball. Either the heavy barrel, the new lefty stock, or trying to reverse engineer a peep sight rear that normally mounts on the left side where the bolt will now be......

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

The boss is better at setting deadlines than the employees are at making them. Things go better on paper than they do in the real world.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Don't know what those 327s are going to sell for, but you can still pick up a nice 1892 Winchester in 32-20 for 1K or so. Loaded well, the 32-20 leaves the 327 behind. Not knocking Henry, I've got one of their 45 colts and I like it.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hang in there! The frustration of the waiting game is why I've prett well stopped buying things before they were in stock. I'm not particularly great at being patient.

Top Bottom