• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Anyone have any experience with these rifles?

All the reviews on line seem pretty good, other than the recall that they had for the safety's when they first came out.

However I would trust some firsthand, or even some secondhand experience from you all, rather than what magazines have to say.

Thank you in advance

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I can give you some input that i read in a magazine. I have no personal experience with them. The article i read had the xpr in 6.5cm and the gun itself shot great. With factory ammunition they were getting all sub moa groups even half moa. Looks like a very accurate hunting setup if that is what you are after. I guess the question would have to be what is the intended purpose of the rifle?

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    My intention for it would be a backup or loaner deer rifle.

I did find one article where a fellow had a problem with the ejector after about 300 rounds. Probably a fluke.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I don't have any direct experience with it but have looked into one a bit. It shares the MOA trigger with the newer Model 70s and it is one of the nicer factory triggers I have used. I like the MOA trigger a lot better than I do the Savage Accutrigger style triggers on most other budget rifles in the XPR's price range. Just looking at the XPR, it reminds me a bit of the Browning A-bolt.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Yes from what I can find it is the kissing cousin of the AB3

I'm heading out to pick it up right now. It comes with a Vortex scope for 419$ I think it's a good deal.

Top Bottom