• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Any idea what would cause my 1022 to eject the brass in such a manner that the rim gets caught in the forward portion of the action? It's not every round issue but it's 20% of the time, Maybe

Update/U][/B]

It only happens when my magazine is not inserted. This sounds more like the nut behind the wheel is loose comma than anything mechanically wrong with the firearm.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Sounds like you don't have your magazine inserted. Keep magazine inserted in order to ensure reliable ejection.

A polymer bolt buffer might help, too.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    The magazine is certainly not inserted. I was practicing for tomorrow's competition. Up till now I hadn't spent much time on the clock and removing the magazine (part of the "equalizer" for the rim fire match). This morning I wanted to practice as I'll need to perform and experienced the aforenentioned malfunction. Upon utilizing the magazine as intended the issue went away. So, I guess I'm stuck as it is. I think I'll pick up a couple more magazine's and skirt the problem by only loading one round in each. That'll be much simpler than always looking for a malfunction to clear.

To the other questions: all ruger magazine's and Elley target ammo
    mods: haven't done the bolt... yet

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    I always change to a Volquartsen extractor to eliminate any issues caused by the stamped Ruger extractor.

Top Bottom